Ingrown hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, well I'm still suffering after my playboy bikini wax a couple of weeks ago :(
I have a few ingrown hairs and one is a huge lump. I tried squeezing it out the other night and I've made it worse. Can't touch it now and sore all the time and seems to be growing!
I think it maybe infected? Should I go to doctor? I'm so embarrassed going with this though!
Supposed to have another wax on wed but there is no way I can have it done.
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks. Feeling very sorry for myself. X

Hi guys, well I'm still suffering after my playboy bikini wax a couple of weeks ago :(
I have a few ingrown hairs and one is a huge lump. I tried squeezing it out the other night and I've made it worse. Can't touch it now and sore all the time and seems to be growing!
I think it maybe infected? Should I go to doctor? I'm so embarrassed going with this though!
Supposed to have another wax on wed but there is no way I can have it done.
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks. Feeling very sorry for myself. X

Sweetie,

You had a playboy Brazilian but too embarrassed to go dr???

:) Go along to quack's, they'll be able to help with a topical cream or something

H x

I'm embarrassed because i feel like I'm maybe wasting their time a bit because I'm not ill? Sorry used to work in a dr surgery and I could just imagine what my old bosses would say! Lol!

I'm embarrassed because i feel like I'm maybe wasting their time a bit because I'm not ill? Sorry used to work in a dr surgery and I could just imagine what my old bosses would say! Lol!

Hehe... Just go, better to be safe then sorry if it is infected

Maybe call the practice nurse instead?

Good luck xx

I'd go and get it checked out. I had a really bad ingrown hair that became infected and had to have a course of antibiotics.
I know how you feel about wasting their time but that's what they're there for.
Just go and get it checked because they can turn really nasty so it's better to go sooner rather than later :hug:

Magnesium sulphate. Brilliant on my in growing hairs has a drawing effect. The drs didn't really do much for me they just said be concerned if they were on your other bum haha! Tres tres painful tho !! Hope you get sorted x

Im having this same problem is the magnesium sulphate a tablet or cream? X

You can by it as a cream/paste, I used it ages ago for a infection and it's great stuff.

For general ingrown hairs the Outback Organics ingrown hair serum is amazing!

Magnesium sulphate paste is very good, I was advised to cover the area with a plaster overnight though as this draws the hair out ready to be gently removed (so you don't break it you have to pull slowly) is it possible to put a small plaster over where you are going to put the cream though? It's very cheap this paste from the chemist, only a couple of pounds. However if it's a big lump I would say see the doctor as it sounds infected and you don't want to end up with a bigger problem. V.sore though I know I had ingrowns after my Hollywood. Ouch! :hug:

Thanks guys. I'll go to the chemist today and if it doesn't clear I'll phone the doctor on Monday. I'll keep you posted! X

Magnesium sulphate paste is very good, I was advised to cover the area with a plaster overnight though as this draws the hair out ready to be gently removed (so you don't break it you have to pull slowly) is it possible to put a small plaster over where you are going to put the cream though? It's very cheap this paste from the chemist, only a couple of pounds. However if it's a big lump I would say see the doctor as it sounds infected and you don't want to end up with a bigger problem. V.sore though I know I had ingrowns after my Hollywood. Ouch! :hug:
I totally agree that magnesium sulphate is great for ingrown hairs. I retailed PFB vanish for a long time and a few clients were using the paste and had much better results so now I recommend this and find that most clients get a good end result with using it.

Ouch! Feel your pain, i had a brazilian once and once only. I had so many ingrowns i would never do it again.

Generally if the area around the ingrown hair is bright red, inflamed, feels hot and is very very painful then you have an infection. Also if you can see any pus under the surface then it really does need a doctors attention. Infections left unchecked can poison the blood stream and make you quite sick. Once an infection has set in you will need anti biotics.

dont worry about wasting the doctors time, they would be seen for much smaller things than that. Plus i have seen people ith the tiniest little ingrown toenail get really sick from infection so better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck :hug:

Magnesium sulphate. Brilliant on my in growing hairs has a drawing effect. The drs didn't really do much for me they just said be concerned if they were on your other bum haha! Tres tres painful tho !! Hope you get sorted x

Sorry to hijack but Beauty Biz your makeup looks amazing...very beautiful and old hollywood glam :)

Magnesium sulphate for me too. I don't like some of the ingrown hair products as they're too harsh and drying.

Prevention is best by exfoliating and baby oil after works a treat. but in the meantime………...Magnesium sulphate. Hope you get it sorted as they can be really painful I know.

Yep, magnesium sulphate works for me too, plus a gentle exfoliate every 2-3 days x

You may also be someone that doesn't suit waxing you can put all you want on it and you will still get ingrowns it's not unknown.

sorry to hijack the thread but being meaning to post this for a while...

I have been waxing my legs every 6-8 weeks for the past 18 months and still cannot get rid of my ingrown hairs and irregular growth patterns - do you think I am just not suited for waxing?
This is on my legs only - I have waxed my arms regularly for the past 6 years and if I exfoliate and moisturise regularly I dont have too much of a problem. But my legs are just awful, some of the hairs seem to start growing back after a few days and the rest are ingrown or just really dark follicules!
This is really getting to me now I just want to have smooth legs! I use a 'bit of rough' exfoliating cloth, baby oil, have tried magnesium sulphate and various ingrown hair solutions but nothing seems to make a differance.
Must add I am an experianced BT and do not have this problem when waxing anyone else, and the problem still occurs if I am waxed by anyone else.
Any advice appreciated! :lol:

@Tamii

How long are you leaving in between waxes? If you're dark haired, leave an extra week.

@Tamii

How long are you leaving in between waxes? If you're dark haired, leave an extra week.

Hi Kim, I have tried leaving it every 6 or 8 weeks in winter same problem but have been leaving it about 4 weeks recently as I just cant wait any longer or cant wear a skirt or dress when its sunny! I am very dark haired.

Latest posts

Back