Ingrown hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautysallyxox

Reaction score
Apart from exfoliating after waxing, does anybody know how to prevent / get rid of ingrown hairs please?

Moisturising and possibly chemical exfoliants like salicylic acid.

Aloe Clear from Salon lines.

Waxperts Wonder Pads- they are AMAZING!

Lycon ingrown X-it for me! It's fab, a chemical exfoliant spray (salicylic and lactic acid) with no overpowering smell xx

So there are two types of ingrown hair
... the ingrown hair that you can see running parallrl just under the skin and is usually a straight hair. This can be dealt with by using liquid soap and pumice gloves on the skin as it leaves no residue like most shower gels.
Or the type of In grown usually associates with curlier type hair in the bikini area. This type of ingrown can give sore lumpy type skin and can be dealt with by using a product like clear it from evas esthetics (berodin wax), or another product as already mentioned.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Lycon ingrown X-it for me! It's fab, a chemical exfoliant spray (salicylic and lactic acid) with no overpowering smell xx

Where can you buy this?

Basically any product with Salicylic acid in will do a job but there are more advanced formula's out there
We have an ingrown hair product that Really works! Cant name names but if any Geeks want a free sample to evaluate you can PM me and I can arrange it.

Basically any product with Salicylic acid in will do a job but there are more advanced formula's out there
We have an ingrown hair product that Really works! Cant name names but if any Geeks want a free sample to evaluate you can PM me and I can arrange it.
Name names! This is what this forum is all about. You've got me intrigued now.

Sorry Kim, massive respect to you.... but I have been moderated soooo many times I have learned my lesson well, PM me and I will be happy to discuss further ;)

Have you tried it? I got an email from them today

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I generally don't have ingrowns or wetshave my face very often but I put it on my neck regularly and it keeps the area in good condition. I can easily believe it would be good with regular use on ingrown prone areas.

Well that let the cat out of the bag! :-0
Any genuine users out there want to join in the debate as I can't say much more!

Thanks for that, sorry didn't know you used it just thought you had realised who we are!

There is no reason why the geeks should not know who you are ... there are plenty of suppliers on this site happy to let us know what they sell if the opportunity arises.

We sell Aloe Clear in our salon and it works!!!

It has a money back guarantee - not many products/suppliers willing to make this kind of offer anymore.

Great people, met them at the hair removal expo in Birmingham on Sunday.

Great. Will definitely be ordering some in :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exfoliating gloves 2-3 times weekly and Waxperts Wonder Pads daily! They're perfect for even sensitive skin and they contain panthenol so no drying out the skin. :)

So there are two types of ingrown hair
... the ingrown hair that you can see running parallrl just under the skin and is usually a straight hair. This can be dealt with by using liquid soap and pumice gloves on the skin as it leaves no residue like most shower gels.
Or the type of In grown usually associates with curlier type hair in the bikini area. This type of ingrown can give sore lumpy type skin and can be dealt with by using a product like clear it from evas esthetics (berodin wax), or another product as already mentioned.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I know that this is a daft question, but can you tell me what you mean by "liquid soap" Is there a certain one to look out for in the shops?

I think I know what you mean, but I would only know of the german equivalent, and we could only buy it in a chemist. Don't know what to get here in the UK

Sorry Kim, massive respect to you.... but I have been moderated soooo many times I have learned my lesson well, PM me and I will be happy to discuss further ;)
Oh I see! Shame as it's good to share.

Latest posts

Back