Ingrown Toenail - Acrylic to Fix ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I came across a Tammy Taylor video clip about her applying L&P to her Dad's toenail to stop it ingrowing. Does it really work? has anyone tried it?

Please let me know cos I do my Mum's feet & ingrowing toe nail is a problem that I would love to solve:confused:

The best thing to do is when you are cutting the toe nail cut a v shape in the middle then when the nail grows the ingrowing nail should grow out.
It worked for my husband and he has suffered with them for years. hth

Hi Adele

Have yoy got a link to the video?

In my opinion ingrown toe nails should be dealt with by chiropodists -I have had one my self and believe me - if not dealt with correctly they can become very very painful and just made worse!

Have yoy got a link to the video?

No sorry can't remember exactly where it was ?:confused:

yes it absolutly works, !!!! when you apply ac to the toe nail, the nail will grow out, not down into the skin. I have & many others have used this method for yrs. Men & women can greatly benefit, from the relief it brings. You can use clear, nat, or the clear pink, or in lots of cases, the new colored TT prizmas, they offer the protection of ac, & come in great color shades. I say go for it, you will not be disappointed.
Carolina4TT :lol:

Well it's worked for me !!:)

I have always suffered from ingrowing toenails and had both of my big ones removed, but they grew back.
Any pressure put on the nails would cause wicked pain but since having gel overlays (thanks pippadoodles) I haven't had any problems, they are growing quite nicely and NO PAIN what so ever :)

acrylic has helped to make my ingrowns disappear! i love it! i've done about 6 different sets on other people, from my mom (who was having to go to the dr to get hers fixed every couple of months) to those who only occasionally have an ingrown. in all cases it's helped to totally eliminate the ingrowns.

if only i could talk my husband into it! he digs his out with tweezers and clippers... it makes me cringe!:eek:

Thanks everyone for your responses

Great help off to my Mums toaday to drag her to Chiropodist then on with L&P:)

I dont understand!?!?!?

How can an overlay stop your ingrowing nail?!?!? Surely all you are doing is putting a cover over the toe nail - how will that alter how the nail grows?!?!?

confused.com?!?!?

I'm sorry but this didin't help my ingrowing toenail AT ALL!!

I have been suffering with it for quite some time and decided to try acrylic overlay. No help, still grew inwards. After all it was just a layer over my nail so didn't really see how it could stop it growing in??!! Then tried gel but again no good. In the end had to be refered by my doc as it kept getting infected to the podiatrist.

The podiatrist did a mini operation on it last week where he just took a tiny slither of my nail all the way down both sides then put a chemical on the root to stop it from growing back. I've had to keep a bandage on but now its healing really nicely and I've had absolutely no pain what so ever!

The podiatrist did a mini operation on it last week where he just took a tiny slither of my nail all the way down both sides then put a chemical on the root to stop it from growing back. I've had to keep a bandage on but now its healing really nicely and I've had absolutely no pain what so ever!

Hi!

Can you please tell me how painful the procedure was? I have severe ingrown toenails and have tried everything, but I am going to have to have the operation.... Yikes!

Thanks, Keri

Hi!

Can you please tell me how painful the procedure was? I have severe ingrown toenails and have tried everything, but I am going to have to have the operation.... Yikes!

Thanks, Keri

I had the slithers taken out of an ingrowing toe nail and i had delayed having it done for months.

As long as it is done under a local jobbie (so you feel no pain) you will wonder why you didnt have it done before.

It was definately one of the best things that i did!

I'm sorry but this didin't help my ingrowing toenail AT ALL!!

I have been suffering with it for quite some time and decided to try acrylic overlay. No help, still grew inwards. After all it was just a layer over my nail so didn't really see how it could stop it growing in??!! Then tried gel but again no good. In the end had to be refered by my doc as it kept getting infected to the podiatrist.

Sorry it thit not work for you as i have now 5 client with ingrown toenails .Not any more its fin now.:green: aCRYLIC must bi thick on the nail ten buff en gloss an ready to go love it .Love it its fast fast:green:

Sorry it thit not work for you as i have now 5 client with ingrown toenails .Not any more its fin now.:green: aCRYLIC must bi thick on the nail ten buff en gloss an ready to go love it .Love it its fast fast:green:

Still dont understand how this corrects an ingrown toe nail???

WHen doing AC for ingrown toenails you need to be on the wetter side. WHen the AC dries it lifts the nail up and out to relieve the pressure you feel on your toe you still need to cut them the right way. My husband has been going in every month to have his fix by the doc the doc and i talked about the AC and we tried it and it really does work after we went back to the doc to over see the Ac treatment and he has approved it 100% and he now sends people to me for ingrown toe nails provided there is not infection as well with the AC treatment you need to use the thymolize treatment. Angele

WHen doing AC for ingrown toenails you need to be on the wetter side. WHen the AC dries it lifts the nail up and out to relieve the pressure you feel on your toe you still need to cut them the right way. My husband has been going in every month to have his fix by the doc the doc and i talked about the AC and we tried it and it really does work after we went back to the doc to over see the Ac treatment and he has approved it 100% and he now sends people to me for ingrown toe nails provided there is not infection as well with the AC treatment you need to use the thymolize treatment. Angele

Hi - thanks for this, have a better understanding now but still not sure.

What is thymolize?

Still dont understand how this corrects an ingrown toe nail???
Hi! had to add my 2 cents worth, while the gel overlay does not always work, it works for some including myself. Yeah! My Educator says it's because the gel shrinks while curing and therefore helps pull the nail up from the corners a bit- sounds good to me- I am so happy it works!!

a ingrown, is a nail that grows down in to the side walls, causing great pain & infection. to prevent the nail from growing that way, you apply ac, it makes the nail grow straight out, not letting the nail grow down.
Thymolize is a preventive procedure, to combate any infection.Thymol Crystals & 3 kinds on alcohol, 3/5 drops under the nail daily. It works wonders on lifting nail beds, too. Nothing to scoff about, this works!!!!
Its one of Tammy Taylor leading retail products

Carolina4TT :)

a ingrown, is a nail that grows down in to the side walls, causing great pain & infection. to prevent the nail from growing that way, you apply ac, it makes the nail grow straight out, not letting the nail grow down.
Thymolize is a preventive procedure, to combate any infection.Thymol Crystals & 3 kinds on alcohol, 3/5 drops under the nail daily. It works wonders on lifting nail beds, too. Nothing to scoff about, this works!!!!
Its one of Tammy Taylor leading retail products

Carolina4TT :)

sounds a good product to have - will try and see if we can get it in the UK.

Latest posts

Back