Injustice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
I don't know about you but I'm always getting myself in to trouble trying to sort out what I feel is unjust.
For example at one job I had the employers were taking advice from a trouble maker thus leading to good honest hard-working staff getting into trouble and being given grief. I could see what the trouble maker was doing and left it quite a while but eventually I thought I would sensibly approach my employers and present them with the truth. Unfortunately they chose to believe the liar and eventually I had to resign (after myself being subject to major bullying from them and near breakdown).
I seem to continually find myself in situations where I want to just find out the truth, sort it all out, and everyone get back to normal.
Am I just a busybody? :sad:

My husband is like you, and whilst I am proud of his moral backbone, its also frustrating because he is unemployed as a result. Will the company change? No. He has suffered, and me, and he hasn't made a jot of difference.

I think it depends on circumstances, I certainly stand up for what I think is right and wrong but I also make. Judgment call about how to go about it and If its worth it. And if you have another job to go then you're better off not working somewhere like that anyhow.

Also my hubby says, but everyone else was saying it, but I was the only one who said it to who it matters. And I say, yes and now you're the only one without a job and we have a child and I subsequently miscarried, so its an added stress we could have done without. Sometimes I wish he'd keep his head down because morals are great but they don't pay bills ..I'm glad he is the person he is and I want my son being brought up with that sense of justice, but I think it sometimes comes across like he is telling people how to manage their own business.

Eta...thinking about it I have the same feeling as you, often, but as I have gotten older I have learnt when it is my place and when not. One of my friends is treating another badly, i want to have it out with her but its not my battle to fight and I'd make it worse. I've told the other to stand up for herself and I'd support her, for example but she is old enough and strong enough to do it herself. But then if it was my son who is two, I'd say something. I often want to sort out my hubbys family but its his and not mine, so I tell them what I think when they ask me, diplomatically but don't go wading in, just encourage him to say what he feels. So I think you need to step back when u feel that way, and say what will this achieve and how should I go about it, and is it me that should be getting involved.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

It's better to have integrity and live with the cosequences of honesty, than lie by omission and live with the consequences of dishonesty.

I do believe the quote....the only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

If more people were prepared to peacefully stand up for other people then the world would be a better place.
That said there are situations that shouldn't be rushed into, sometimes it is best to stand back get all the facts and make sure you have an overview of the whole situation. This is not easy to do.
Also it can be more difficult to do nothing, even though it would be the right course of action, as troublemakers in any group situation eventually trip up and show themselves for what they are.
if the situation was not causing someone heartache or serious hardship, then it is best to stand back and monitor, but be prepared to step in when that line is crossed, armed with all the evidence you have gathered.

It is more difficult for the powers that be to argue with fully documented evidence, and badly timed emotional outbursts and accusations tend to turn people against you rather than the real instigator of the problem.

I am that person who tells the truth,is honest and says what I think.I would rather be honest than not.Ok sometimes I am brutally honest but that's just me.

I'm not outrightly nasty etc but I tell the truth say exactly what I think it has got me into a lot of trouble in the past but I don't care.I will stick up for what is right wether the person likes it or not it's very simple.

I have stuck up for friends etc and told them the truth they have disliked me for a while etc but they soon realise it was for there own good and I was telling the truth in the first place.

Honesty is the key and standing up for what you believe is right.My friends know I'm a good good friend and other people know this to.

You have done nothing wrong and in time the people that didn't believe you will have a rude awakening when they fined out the truth and that you were telling the truth all along.xx

It's better to have integrity and live with the cosequences of honesty, than lie by omission and live with the consequences of dishonesty.

I stole this for my facebook :D

The world is full of injustice

Yep someone I know driving with no licence only got £60 fine , he is now learning to drive to get a full licence ( clean ! ) I get caught speeding £60 fine and 3 points ! How's this fair xx

Latest posts

Back