INK London-2020?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADG

Reaction score
Q: Has anyone used Ink London nail products?
If so, please tell me your 1) overall thoughts and 2) must-have products for 2020?

Ink London

Thank you!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you!
Maybe others can provide up to date information as well for 2020? :)
I hear Ink London has new Flubbers coming out?

The 6th post down specifically mentions the flubbers and is from Feb 2020

Q: Has anyone used Ink London nail products?
If so, please tell me your 1) overall thoughts and 2) must-have products for 2020?

Ink London

Thank you!
I am newly qualified so I haven’t tried loads of brands for comparison but I invested with inks products first.

I love the SOBIAB, it’s amazing, lasts really well and have a good few colour options. I’ve used it to build out extensions and had no problems. Obviously not extreme length but still longer than I thought I could get away with.

I like the I-Jel also although had a little bit of lifting but I assume that was my error rather than the product.

I haven’t tried Jelly Pro but might buy a small sample size. If anyone has tried both Jelly Pro and Ijel I would be interested to hear a comparison.

The acrylic I found to be nice to use but I suck at it so am going to be a gel only tech! I also used cjp which everyone raves about but I found it harder to work with (again my issue, not the product)

inks Ilac I don’t like, it must have a lot of solvent because it dries really fast in my opinion, it’s no good for depositing on a palette and using for nail art for instance as it just goes gloopy. I prefer using a 100% gel product.

ive only tried 2 of the art paints which are a very thick viscosity and I find quite good.

I’ve also tried lecente create which I wasn’t a massive fan of.

Ikoniq gel polishes are really good, highly pigmented (most one coat) lasts for ages. The only downside is they don’t have a tacky layer so would need an extra layer of base for adhering decorative things. They are also hypoallergenic and hema free. Really knowledgable on all their ingredients etc.

Finally Hazel Dixon is coming out with a hema free gel polish range and a hema free hybrid range should be by the end of this month. Waiting to see myself what they are like

Hi,
I use INK London acrylink and I love it. I've used it for about 4 years and wouldn't change now. Ive tried various brands but this one stands out for me. Ive used NSI, CJP, Naio and a few others and INK is definitely my fave. The best thing is to get a few trial kits and see what works best for you. I'm thinking of investing in the JellyPro system too xx

Hi. I’ve also been using INK London products for about 4 years now.
They are my brand of choice. They develop and produce their own products within the EU and UK and actually have their own chemist. They have a fantastic support team who are always happy to help and offer as cue.
Their product range is constantly growing, including the new coloured Flubbers that were released very recently, and also their soak-off builder in a bottle , SOBIAB.
I have always found their products very hard wearing and my clients love them too.
Join their Facebook group. Everyone is so helpful there 😊

They are my brand of choice. They develop and produce their own products within the EU and UK and actually have their own chemist. They have a fantastic support team who are always happy to help and offer as cue.
Their product range is constantly growing, including the new coloured Flubbers that were released very recently, and also their soak-off builder in a bottle , SOBIAB.
I have always found their products very hard wearing and my clients love them too.

Have you used both their ijel and jelly pro? I would love to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two and if you prefer one over the other?

Have you used both their ijel and jelly pro? I would love to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two and if you prefer one over the other?

I’ve only used iJel I’m afraid, so can’t help you there. Although I know IJel is self levelling, whereas JellyPro stays put until you move it.

I’ve only used iJel I’m afraid, so can’t help you there. Although I know IJel is self levelling, whereas JellyPro stays put until you move it.

Yeah their website says jelly pro is self levelling but stays put at the same time so interested to try it. There SOBIAB is amazing, love that stuff.

I am newly qualified so I haven’t tried loads of brands for comparison but I invested with inks products first.

I love the SOBIAB, it’s amazing, lasts really well and have a good few colour options. I’ve used it to build out extensions and had no problems. Obviously not extreme length but still longer than I thought I could get away with.

I like the I-Jel also although had a little bit of lifting but I assume that was my error rather than the product.

I haven’t tried Jelly Pro but might buy a small sample size. If anyone has tried both Jelly Pro and Ijel I would be interested to hear a comparison.

The acrylic I found to be nice to use but I suck at it so am going to be a gel only tech! I also used cjp which everyone raves about but I found it harder to work with (again my issue, not the product)

inks Ilac I don’t like, it must have a lot of solvent because it dries really fast in my opinion, it’s no good for depositing on a palette and using for nail art for instance as it just goes gloopy. I prefer using a 100% gel product.

ive only tried 2 of the art paints which are a very thick viscosity and I find quite good.

Ikoniq gel polishes are really good, highly pigmented (most one coat) lasts for ages. The only downside is they don’t have a tacky layer so would need an extra layer of base for adhering decorative things. They are also hypoallergenic and hema free. Really knowledgable on all their ingredients etc.

Finally Hazel Dixon is coming out with a hema free gel polish range and a hema free hybrid range should be by the end of this month. Waiting to see myself what they are like

Charlie276,
Thank you so much for your reply!
This was very helpful.

I have searched and searched for a good nail line with a soak off gel. I think that I am going to try Ink London.
I am going to start with the Flubbers and SOBIAB. I think these two would be great.

What exactly is the I-Jel?
Where can I find Ikoniq gel polishes?
Which nail lines do mostly use?

Thank you, again, for your help!

Hi,
I use INK London acrylink and I love it. I've used it for about 4 years and wouldn't change now. Ive tried various brands but this one stands out for me. Ive used NSI, CJP, Naio and a few others and INK is definitely my fave. The best thing is to get a few trial kits and see what works best for you. I'm thinking of investing in the JellyPro system too xx
Keston Nails,
Thank you for your reply.
Why does the Ink London Acrylink work best for you? What makes their product different?
How does Acrylink differ from JellyPro Stem?
I am probably going to start off with soak-off gel products Flubber and SOBIAB.

Beautiful-you,
Thank you so much for your help.
I have been searching for a nail line, and I think Ink London will be a good place to start?
The new Flubbers are beautiful.
I want to try Flubber and SOBAIB!
I am definitely in the Facebook group, and YES, THEY ARE AWESOME!

When you place an order, do you typically order enough for free shipping?
IF so, how much is your order to qualify for free shipping to the US?

Also, how are the iLac gel polishes?

I definitely prefer self-leveling if possible.

Yeah their website says jelly pro is self levelling but stays put at the same time so interested to try it. There SOBIAB is amazing, love that stuff.
I can't wait to try SOBIAB.
Do you have any tips for someone starting to use/learn it?

Thank you!

Beautiful-you,
Thank you so much for your help.
I have been searching for a nail line, and I think Ink London will be a good place to start?
The new Flubbers are beautiful.
I want to try Flubber and SOBAIB!
I am definitely in the Facebook group, and YES, THEY ARE AWESOME!

When you place an order, do you typically order enough for free shipping?
IF so, how much is your order to qualify for free shipping to the US?

Also, how are the iLac gel polishes?

Ooh, I’m not sure about cost of shipping to US. if you drop an email to [email protected], they’ll be able to tell you I’m sure. I think it’s £50 for shipping to the UK.

ILac colours are lovely. I will say though that they aren’t all so easy to apply. Because they’re a hybrid, the shelf life isn’t as long as pure gel, and I’m not sure if that effects consistency the longer you’ve had the bottles open, or the more you use them 🤷‍♀️ I do find with some colours that they go a bit “gloopy”, but it seems to be the ones I use the most often.

INK have re launched their YouTube channel with lots of tutorials etc and are running a comp at the moment to win products 😊

Excellent!
Thank you so much for letting us know.
I can't wait to try Ink London soon!

Thank you!

If you were going to try Ink London for the first time, what 5 Ink London products would you suggest for a beginner?
I like to soak off mostly and only hand file when filing is needed.
I am going to make my first purchase during Black Friday 2020.
Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back