INK London-2020?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I use INK London acrylink and I love it. I've used it for about 4 years and wouldn't change now. Ive tried various brands but this one stands out for me. Ive used NSI, CJP, Naio and a few others and INK is definitely my fave. The best thing is to get a few trial kits and see what works best for you. I'm thinking of investing in the JellyPro system too xx

Thank you!

If you were going to try Ink London for the first time, what 5 Ink London products would you suggest for a beginner?

I like to soak off mostly and only hand file when filing is needed.
I am going to make my first purchase during Black Friday 2020.
Thank you so much!

Thank you!

If you were going to try Ink London for the first time, what 5 Ink London products would you suggest for a beginner?
I like to soak off mostly and only hand file when filing is needed.
I am going to make my first purchase during Black Friday 2020.
Thank you so much!

What system do you want to use? Gel or acrylic? Are you happy with a hybrid colour system? They do a starter kit which is on sale right now of Ilac. Looks like a good deal £190 I think for the base, top, some colours, the lamp, the liquids you need like prep, remover, nail foils etc.

SOBIAB is soak of - ijel is not. SOBIAB for extensions (not really long) and overlays.

I liked their acrylic the most but I just don’t like acrylic, I’m too slow and I don’t like the smell as it gives me headaches.

What system do you want to use? Gel or acrylic? Are you happy with a hybrid colour system? They do a starter kit which is on sale right now of Ilac. Looks like a good deal £190 I think for the base, top, some colours, the lamp, the liquids you need like prep, remover, nail foils etc.

SOBIAB is soak of - ijel is not. SOBIAB for extensions (not really long) and overlays.

I liked their acrylic the most but I just don’t like acrylic, I’m too slow and I don’t like the smell as it gives me headaches.
I apologize for NOT being specific in my question.
GEL, please!

To be honest, I am not sure if I have used a hybrid colour system.
I have only used CND Shellac gel system.

What are some pros and cons to SOBIAB and iJel?
These are the two products that I am debating between.
Honestly, I think iJel might be what I am looking for, but I do NOT want a file off product; yet, I want something long term?
Using a nail drill on my nails is not good.

Flubber? SOBIAB? iJel?
iLac? Colour Gel Paint?
I am so confused and not sure where to start, and I have been waiting on this sale for MONTHS!
I still don't know where I want to start?

Please help if possible?
Thank you so much.

I apologize for NOT being specific in my question.
GEL, please!

To be honest, I am not sure if I have used a hybrid colour system.
I have only used CND Shellac gel system.

What are some pros and cons to SOBIAB and iJel?
These are the two products that I am debating between.
Honestly, I think iJel might be what I am looking for, but I do NOT want a file off product; yet, I want something long term?
Using a nail drill on my nails is not good.

Flubber? SOBIAB? iJel?
iLac? Colour Gel Paint?
I am so confused and not sure where to start, and I have been waiting on this sale for MONTHS!
I still don't know where I want to start?

Please help if possible?
Thank you so much.

Cnd shellac is a hybrid so Ilac might be perfect for you. The difference between SOBIAB and ijel is SOBIAB is in a bottle (like polish) ijel is in a pot, SOBIAB is soak off (but does require filing to thin out before soaking) I-jel Is a hard gel and can not be soaked off (must be filed off)

Flubber is a strong base coat, is a bit like SOBIAB in the sense that it’s in a bottle can be used to create small extensions and apex but it it not as strong as SOBIAB but I would say a good starter for a beginner. SOBIAB needs to be used somewhat thickly, flubber can be used more like a base coat as well as built up. I believe the colour flubber are stronger than the clear.

they have 2 colour gel paints, one is for detailing and one is ok for full cover but I would just stick with Ilac for full cover and use the gel paint for detail work.

i think I paid quite a bit more for the Ilac starter kit with the kool lamp and I think it had much less items in it, £190 looks like a decent price for all those items, some lamps cost more than that in their own. Here’s the link and you get flubber in it so you coukd Add 1 bottle of SOBIAB on top to tryhttps://inknails.com/bfkool.html

Cnd shellac is a hybrid so Ilac might be perfect for you. The difference between SOBIAB and ijel is SOBIAB is in a bottle (like polish) ijel is in a pot, SOBIAB is soak off (but does require filing to thin out before soaking) I-jel Is a hard gel and can not be soaked off (must be filed off)

Flubber is a strong base coat, is a bit like SOBIAB in the sense that it’s in a bottle can be used to create small extensions and apex but it it not as strong as SOBIAB but I would say a good starter for a beginner. SOBIAB needs to be used somewhat thickly, flubber can be used more like a base coat as well as built up. I believe the colour flubber are stronger than the clear.

they have 2 colour gel paints, one is for detailing and one is ok for full cover but I would just stick with Ilac for full cover and use the gel paint for detail work.

i think I paid quite a bit more for the Ilac starter kit with the kool lamp and I think it had much less items in it, £190 looks like a decent price for all those items, some lamps cost more than that in their own. Here’s the link and you get flubber in it so you coukd Add 1 bottle of SOBIAB on top to tryhttps://inknails.com/bfkool.html
You are so helpful.
What is so funny - those are the two items in my cart 1) Flubber Mega iLac Trial Kit and 2) SOBIAB (Nude). I will also get a colour Flubber since those are stronger than the clear.
I think those two items would be a great place to start for myself. I don't want to get too overwhelmed starting out.
I will look at the iLac Starter kit, which I know is a great place to start.
You have been so helpful. I cannot thank you enough.

One last concern:
Is SOBIAB difficult to remove (soak off))?
Do I need to soak it off each time for a rebalance/fill-in?

You are so helpful.
What is so funny - those are the two items in my cart 1) Flubber Mega iLac Trial Kit and 2) SOBIAB (Nude). I will also get a colour Flubber since those are stronger than the clear.
I think those two items would be a great place to start for myself. I don't want to get too overwhelmed starting out.
I will look at the iLac Starter kit, which I know is a great place to start.
You have been so helpful. I cannot thank you enough.

One last concern:
Is SOBIAB difficult to remove (soak off))?
Do I need to soak it off each time for a rebalance/fill-in?

SOBIAB can be soaked off but you have to file it quite thin to do that, the best thing to do is debulk and then infill. Don’t remove each time but I like the comfort in knowing that if it needs to be fully removed at any point I can do that. It is definitely harder to soak off than a gel polish. Flubber will be much easier to soak off. You also get a colour flubber in the Ilac starter kit.

SOBIAB can be soaked off but you have to file it quite thin to do that, the best thing to do is debulk and then infill. Don’t remove each time but I like the comfort in knowing that if it needs to be fully removed at any point I can do that. It is definitely harder to soak off than a gel polish. Flubber will be much easier to soak off. You also get a colour flubber in the Ilac starter kit.
Wow!
1. I did NOT realize you could get a colour flubber in the iLac starter kit?
Please tell me how?

Right! I like to know that I can soak it off, but it doesn't have to be each time.
I am trying my best to stay away from a nail drill.

Do I really need the prenail prep, cleanser, and remover in the kits IF I already have acetone and alcohol 91% myself?

Should I just get the following to start with:
1. Bond
2. Flubber (colour)
3. SOBIAB
4. iLac colors
5. Rock+ Top Coat

I don't like having a bunch of products that I don't really use/need if I already have something similar.
Thank you, AGAIN! :)

Wow!
1. I did NOT realize you could get a colour flubber in the iLac starter kit?
Please tell me how?

Right! I like to know that I can soak it off, but it doesn't have to be each time.
I am trying my best to stay away from a nail drill.

Do I really need the prenail prep, cleanser, and remover in the kits IF I already have acetone and alcohol 91% myself?

Should I just get the following to start with:
1. Bond
2. Flubber (colour)
3. SOBIAB
4. iLac colors
5. Rock+ Top Coat

I don't like having a bunch of products that I don't really use/need if I already have something similar.
Thank you, AGAIN! :)

I don’t think the liquids are necessary no, you can use alcohol to remove the dispersion layer and acetone to soak off. Their prep liquid is acetone based so acetone should be fine.

Bond is not necessary but good to have for clients who lift easily, it creates extra adhesion

I can’t answer what you should get but I think your list would be enough to enable you to do overlays, short extension (you will need tips or forms to do this) and colours with top coat. You can always add more at a later date.

The colour flubber is in the big £190 kit

here is the list of what you get;

() BF - iLac KOOL Conversion

() BF - iLac KOOL Conversion
SAVE ₤120! The BLACK FRIDAY iLac KOOL48 Conversion Kit includes:

1 x KOOL 48 LED Lamp (UK Adaptor)
1 x Fluid Rubber (Flubber) Base
1 x Milky Pink Flubber
1 x Base Elevation
1 x Rock Plus Light
1 x Velvet Top Coat
1 x Ultimate No Wipe Top
12 x iLac Gel Polishes i98, i107, i108, i116, i131, i135, i158, i163, i168, i169, i173, i179 (if you wish to substitute colours specify which you require in ´special instructions´
3 x Pump Dispensers
1 x Smooth Disinfectant Spray 100ml
1 x INK Pre-Nail Prep (1000ml)
1 x INK Cleaner (1000ml)
1 x INK Remover (1000ml)
1 x Stirrer
1 x The Wipe
1 x Foil Wraps
1 x Cuticle Oil 15ml (aroma will be chosen based on stock available)
1 x Trial Pack Disposable Files
FREE UK DELIVERY

I don’t think the liquids are necessary no, you can use alcohol to remove the dispersion layer and acetone to soak off. Their prep liquid is acetone based so acetone should be fine.

Bond is not necessary but good to have for clients who lift easily, it creates extra adhesion

I can’t answer what you should get but I think your list would be enough to enable you to do overlays, short extension (you will need tips or forms to do this) and colours with top coat. You can always add more at a later date.

You have been so helpful, and I cannot thank you enough.
I must keep you posted when I try Ink London!
Are you taking advantage of the Black Friday sales as well?

No problem, yes I hope you enjoy the products. I am not taking advantage of Black Friday unfortunately, trying to not spend too much !!

No problem, yes I hope you enjoy the products. I am not taking advantage of Black Friday unfortunately, trying to not spend too much !!
I totally understand about trying not to spend much! ;)

Guess what!
I got my Ink London order!
I am going to try Nude Flubber today!
I'm so exited!

There were the products that I got to try:

MegaTryItLoveIt Trial Kit:
3 bottles: Dehydrator, Remover, Cleaner
Fluid Flubber
Rock Plus
2 colors:
i-16 Classis Red
i-42 Soft Nude

SOBIAB
Signature
Cover It

Top Flubber

I will start with Flubber alone (for now) just to see how it works for me by itself.
I will use SOBIAB next time. :)

I'm so excited to try this line.
I didn't want to purchase a lot until I tried a few things.
I think this will be a good start?

Guess what!
I got my Ink London order!
I am going to try Nude Flubber today!
I'm so exited!

There were the products that I got to try:

MegaTryItLoveIt Trial Kit:
3 bottles: Dehydrator, Remover, Cleaner
Fluid Flubber
Rock Plus
2 colors:
i-16 Classis Red
i-42 Soft Nude

SOBIAB
Signature
Cover It

Top Flubber

I will start with Flubber alone (for now) just to see how it works for me by itself.
I will use SOBIAB next time. :)

I'm so excited to try this line.
I didn't want to purchase a lot until I tried a few things.
I think this will be a good start?
Good luck with it, I’m sure you will be very happy. They have a YouTube channel also which has some application videos and now some fun ones with designs etc.

Latest posts

Back