Ink London gel and nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at ink London to use as my new system on clients once I passed my gel polish course ( I’m already a qualified beauty therapist), however in the future I would like to do a course on nail extensions but ink nails only seem to do acrylink course?....is there a huge difference between gel and acrylic extensions?, do you use gel on top of an acrylic nail? Is best to learn both gel and acrylic?....ideally I like to stick to a all gel system if that’s best but I don’t want to use a load of brands for extensions and then ink London just for gel.......

One of the most important thing is I use a system that not tested on animals and is cruelty free

It's true that it's a good idea to stick to one brand. Or at least brand + lamp. So if you would like to offer gel extensions one day, maybe it would be better to go with a brand that specializes in gel. I work with two brands, Lilly Nails and Light Elegance. Both are excellent and sell their own lamps for their products. Lilly Nails is the cheaper of the two (at least in my country). Light Elegance is focused on extensions and thus have a huge beautiful selection of hard gels, glitter gels, viscosities, cover gels, and color gels. I'm unsure if they offer gel polishes. I only use their buttercreams and color gels on enhancements. Lilly Nails's gel polishes are beautiful and easy to apply, last around 3+ weeks on natural nails, which I suppose is average. They also have different viscosities and cover gels, and some glitter gels, but not the same huge collection as Light Elegance. Both brands are Cruelty free, not tested on animals abroad either. They are also not likely to cause allergies (as long as used safely, ofc).

There are many other great brands out there. Some brands will claim to be Cruelty free, whilst still condoning their products to be tested on animals abroad, though. So since you mentioned it's important it's Cruelty free, beware of this. Good luck in your search! :)

Have a look at The Gel Bottle products.

Edited to say I don’t know about cruelty free

Ink London do offer a full hard gel course - it's the iJel Professional Hard Gel Diploma Course

Ink London do a hard gel course. The Gel Bottle is also a good one and they are cruelty free.

Ink London do offer a full hard gel course - it's the iJel Professional Hard Gel Diploma Course
So are gel extensions usually called hard gel? That maybe why I couldn’t see properly

It's true that it's a good idea to stick to one brand. Or at least brand + lamp. So if you would like to offer gel extensions one day, maybe it would be better to go with a brand that specializes in gel. I work with two brands, Lilly Nails and Light Elegance. Both are excellent and sell their own lamps for their products. Lilly Nails is the cheaper of the two (at least in my country). Light Elegance is focused on extensions and thus have a huge beautiful selection of hard gels, glitter gels, viscosities, cover gels, and color gels. I'm unsure if they offer gel polishes. I only use their buttercreams and color gels on enhancements. Lilly Nails's gel polishes are beautiful and easy to apply, last around 3+ weeks on natural nails, which I suppose is average. They also have different viscosities and cover gels, and some glitter gels, but not the same huge collection as Light Elegance. Both brands are Cruelty free, not tested on animals abroad either. They are also not likely to cause allergies (as long as used safely, ofc).

There are many other great brands out there. Some brands will claim to be Cruelty free, whilst still condoning their products to be tested on animals abroad, though. So since you mentioned it's important it's Cruelty free, beware of this. Good luck in your search! :)
Thankyou, I will research and have a look x

Where do you get Lilly’s from as I can’t find a stockist?

So are gel extensions usually called hard gel? That maybe why I couldn’t see properly

You need a hard/builder gel for extensions (whether over tips or sculpted). The name is to differentiate it from gel polish, which is a soft gel.

You need a hard/builder gel for extensions (whether over tips or sculpted). The name is to differentiate it from gel polish, which is a soft gel.
Oh I understand now, thanks so much x

Latest posts

Back