Ink London help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your help Anna, I appreciate the time you've taken to respond to my questions.

Absolutely no problem! Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
We'll get to the bottom of it! :)

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping onto this thread, but I wondered if I could pick your brains please!

One of my clients has difficulty in keeping gel polish on her nails; they usually only last a week or so, if that, then begin to lift. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to which fingers lift first, and I don't have this issue with other clients. So, I wondered if it might be down to her nails - perhaps too oily? They're very shiny naturally and I'm reluctant to buff them. Also, she's become a rubber glove convert on my instruction, so I don't think it's owing to too much wear and tear on her hands. I've most recently tried one of the endurance gels on her (I-114 I think), which did the same thing, which again makes me wonder if the gel is adhering properly?

So, I wondered if I should try 007 on her - does anyone have any experience of this scenario and/or using 007? I'm going to order a stirrer having read through the rest of this thread (thank you for suggesting it!) as I wonder if that will also help a little?

Thank you in advance!
PS, this is in reference to ilac gels :)

I now use the Cuccio Fuse on prone to lifting ladies including myself and get longer wear. I haven't tried the 007, but would probably help with adhesion.

I know you have mentioned that her nails are oily but are they thin and bendy at all? Also are they lifting from the free edge? I have found that like shellac, iLac is not the solution for those with bendy nails and there is nothing you can do about it. If you are sure your application is not the cause and that it is her nail type I use protein bond on the free edge of clients who are prone to lifting, I also dehydrate even more than usual making sure to not rub the oil around the nail but to saturate the wipe in dehydrator and pull it downwards so you are pulling it away from the nail if that makes sense not just rubbing it around? Using a new wipe for each finger. Do you use inks dehydrator? I find it more dehydrating than other dehydrators and also I wouldn't huff the nail, it says on inks web site this won't increase wear time xx

I agree with the above, make sure you are using inks own dehydrator. You could try 007 sparingly or the air dry bonder xx

Thanks so much. Appreciate you all taking the time to reply! Yes I use all INK products. I wouldn't say her nails are bendy or thin, just super shiny! I'm interested in the dehydrating tips though, as I've been using one wipe per hand, which perhaps means some nails haven't been getting enough. I will also try the swipe down method as that sounds like it might help. It's the free edge the usually lifts and so I think I'll try 007 just along the free edge. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back