INK London nails not curing properly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novo13

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Before I start, I’m a complete beginner, having just done a gel polish course. I’ve found this site really helpful and after reading some threads I decided to buy the INK london ilac pro starter kit with the Kool 48 lamp.
I worked in my first model yesterday and at the end I realised the nails hadn’t cured properly. I called INK and they said that I should have been using the 60sec cure setting - I’d been using the 120sec automatic setting.
I tried again today and the same thing happened after trying to cure the base coat on the 60sec setting. The nails were still soft. I tried one hand for an extra 30secs but it didn’t really make a difference. I’m making sure the hands are in the right place and using thin coats of polish. I didn’t apply the colour today as I didn’t feel comfortable going ahead and I’ll try again on my own nails tonight to experiment.
I’ve messaged my trainer but she didn’t have the INK it so though I’d ask on here as well.
Thanks in advance!

Bump.
I’ve spoken to my trainer and watched INK’s online videos and I think I had been applying the polish a little too thickly. I did my own nails and adjusted this and it was ok, but on my most recent model there was still colour coming off when I did the final wipe despite applying the layers as thinly as possible. It’s on random nails and not just thumbs, so I don’t think it’s about placement under the lamp. I’m following the company’s advice and doing the 60s cure time but I might try one more time on 90s before contacting them again.

Hi, really sorry for the delayed reply, just wanted to say that I've had no issues with curing, so it may be a fault with your lamp if you're sure that you're applying thin enough coats! I use the 30-second setting on the Kool 48 lamp, and have never had any problems x

I’ve only just seen your post as well and I tend to agree with abbymayy that maybe your lamp might be faulty? I have the PlatinumX and previously the Lux48, so not personally tried the Kool48 though, but the reason I didn’t go for that one was because I heard hand placement isn’t so easy.
The only colour I have noticed needing extra curing and thinner application is Asgard Black) as it is so pigmented, so it’s definitely not a usual issue with ILac.

When you say there was a little colour coming off on your final wipe, do you mean after applying top coat?

Curing longer should be less likely to cause an issue (as long as you are using manufacturers lamp).

Applying too thick can contribute to under cure of any light cured product

Have you tried applying thinner and trying different colours? If light is emitting, it less likely to be a faulty lamp.

Latest posts

Back