Ink London or Ikon Iq?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnaw1510

Reaction score
Am looking into training in Gel Polish. Was originally going to go with TGB but am now veering towards Ink London or Ikon Iq.

Am a complete beginner so unsure what the pros/cons (if any) are of the 2 brands.

If anyone is able to offer any advice please?

Am looking into training in Gel Polish. Was originally going to go with TGB but am now veering towards Ink London or Ikon Iq.

Am a complete beginner so unsure what the pros/cons (if any) are of the 2 brands.

If anyone is able to offer any advice please?
I have no experience of Ink London but use Ikoniq myself and LOVE it. They’re hypoallergenic, one coat, very high quality, fairly prized and the customer service is fantastic. I’m quite new but find their products very easy to work with.
The only con I can think of is the slightly less colour selection, however they’re quite new and develop new colours as we speak. Hope you find the right products for you and good luck with your education ☺️

I have no experience of Ink London but use Ikoniq myself and LOVE it. They’re hypoallergenic, one coat, very high quality, fairly prized and the customer service is fantastic. I’m quite new but find their products very easy to work with.
The only con I can think of is the slightly less colour selection, however they’re quite new and develop new colours as we speak. Hope you find the right products for you and good luck with your education ☺️

Thank you!
Yes, the one coat sounds very appealing. I messaged them a couple of days ago to find out where they train as can’t seem it find that info at the mo.

Ink London have all the info regarding training etc do trying to compare the two

Thank you!
Yes, the one coat sounds very appealing. I messaged them a couple of days ago to find out where they train as can’t seem it find that info at the mo.

Ink London have all the info regarding training etc do trying to compare the two
May I suggest you join the Ikoniq fb group? They are very quick to respond and a lot of educators active as well ☺️ unfortunately I haven’t had training with them but with another brand, but still find them excellent to work with and no problems so far ☺️

May I suggest you join the Ikoniq fb group? They are very quick to respond and a lot of educators active as well ☺️ unfortunately I haven’t had training with them but with another brand, but still find them excellent to work with and no problems so far ☺️

I think they only accept you in if you are qualified in nails, which I’m not yet. Will see tho. Thank you!

I second IKON-IQ.

I second IKON-IQ.

Thank you.
Did you train with them, or do you now use their products after using others?

I can’t seem to get hold of them to ask about training

I switched to prima gels but did there training for polytek. If you join there facebook page there really quick to answer questions on there. Also lots of info :)

I switched to prima gels but did there training for polytek. If you join there facebook page there really quick to answer questions on there. Also lots of info :)

Thank you

I use Ikon.iQ too. I like that I'm working with products that are the absolutely least likely to cause me harm... No HEMA, HPMA etc.

I haven't used Ink London but I know they have their own Chemist and production and definitely don't purchase from Chinese wholesalers so that's good.

I believe Ikon.iQ are currently working hard on final preparations for a possible no-deal Brexit, ensuring products will be available and things will continue to run smoothly for their UK customers. Consequently there might be a bit of a delay responding to inquiries, they are a small team.

There is on going educator recruitment taking place so finding courses will be easier in the future. Their criteria for educators is high so it takes time. For now your best bet is to join their Facebook group to find out what courses are coming up and make contact with existing educators and Bob and Iryna themselves.

Last edited:
Both brands are excellent in my opinion!

I have been using INK for over 2 years and they keep getting better and better!

I have also tried Ikon.iq at a See & Try event and was very impressed. (I like to have more than one option to suit all clients needs). I haven't invested just yet as I'd like to see a few more brighter and sparkly colours (which I understand will be coming!) , but I think the brand is really going to shake the nail industry up!

I use Ikon.iQ too. I like that I'm working with products that are the absolutely least likely to cause me harm... No HEMA, HPMA etc.

I haven't used Ink London but I know they have their own Chemist and production and definitely don't purchase from Chinese wholesalers so that's good.

I believe Ikon.iQ are currently working hard on final preparations for a possible no-deal Brexit, ensuring products will be available and things will continue to run smoothly for their UK customers. Consequently there might be a bit of a delay responding to inquiries, they are a small team.

There is on going educator recruitment taking place so finding courses will be easier in the future. Their criteria for educators is high so it takes time. For now your best bet is to join their Facebook group to find out what courses are coming up and make contact with existing educators and Bob and Iryna themselves.

Thank you for that info. Very helpful :)

Both brands are excellent in my opinion!

I have been using INK for over 2 years and they keep getting better and better!

I have also tried Ikon.iq at a See & Try event and was very impressed. (I like to have more than one option to suit all clients needs). I haven't invested just yet as I'd like to see a few more brighter and sparkly colours (which I understand will be coming!) , but I think the brand is really going to shake the nail industry up!

Yes, they both seem really good. I like that the Prima is 1 coat but I need to look into the rest of it, such as colours like you say, Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back