Ink London or Ikon.iq?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's me

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’ve posted in here a few times recently looking for advice on nail brands. I think I’ve narrowed it down to 2 - Ink London or iron.iq

currently I’m using CND, not finding the longevity isn’t there anymore. I’m looking for something that is straightforward to use, easy to remove, but also lasts!!!!!

what is your experience? And can you offer any advice? Thanks in advance xx

Hi!
I’m using ikoniq products and getting most of my supplements from Ink. Find both companies absolutely brilliant.
If you’ve used shellac, I guess moving forward to ikoniq would be a good move as it’s hypoallergenic as well. Most colours are one coat coverage, and last for +3 weeks. The colours are fantastic, so pigmented and great for nail art as well. Great customer service and support from other techs and their educators. I’m using their acrygel and hard gel systems and absolutely love them.
I never soak off, only file off, so don’t know about that personally, but from what I’ve gathered it seems as a procedure just as easy as with any other reputable brand.
As they don’t sell wipes and other implements I started getting that from ink and really like their products. They’re really affordable but still delivering very high quality. Love their files and wipes and they do good bundle deals on cuticle oils for example. I have not tried their actual gel systems/colours but if I would work with another brand alongside ikoniq, I would definitely try out ink ☺️

That is really helpful!!! Thankyou!!!!

someone else mentioned the filing off instead of soaking, but I can’t quite get my head around doing this yet ?!?!?!! As I’ve only ever done full soak offs each time......

That is really helpful!!! Thankyou!!!!

someone else mentioned the filing off instead of soaking, but I can’t quite get my head around doing this yet ?!?!?!! As I’ve only ever done full soak offs each time......
You’re welcome ☺️ hope you’ll come to a good conclusion which I am sure you will as both brands have good reputation and manufactured within the EU ☺️
Not sure I understand your question about the filing. I file the polish off with e-file and then go in with hand file not to damage the nailplate. As I only use hard gels and no soak-off builders, that’s the regular routine I do anyway ☺️

I meant that a few had mentioned using an efile to remove the bulk of iconiq, even for the regular gel polish, even though it’s a soak off? Does that make sense?
I’d be soaking off to start with as I’ve never used an efile
I’m hoping a change of brand will help me move from just a few regulars to lots!

The IKON.IQ gel polish is soak-off and takes between 11 to 15 seconds, depending on the thickness of the PRIMA Base and the strength you want to have.

You can file PRIMA application videos on our website.

Of course, some customers prefer to file off either by hand or efile - this is more common on the Continent as it saves time.

Thankyou! I’ll take a look :)

INK have re launched their YouTube channel with lots of tutorials and product info etc and are running a comp at the moment to win products 😊

I use ink and I love them. The quality is amazing along with the price point. Their customer service and facebook group is so amazing and someone will always help or give advice as well as critique.
Currently I'm getting 2-3 weeks for clients but at the start of the 1st lockdown a few clients got 6 and 7 weeks with no chips.

Great question.

I am hoping to order Ink London this month for the first time.
I hear nothing but GREAT reviews about it!

Latest posts

Back