Ink London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you recommend the fortify strengthen in gel as a natural nail overlay? At the moment I'm using NSI Secrets for both tip extension and overlay.
The fortify is amazing and so easy to use. :) Definitely recommend

I've out a video on my Instagram. I'm Polished to Purrfection
Just watched your video and firstly your work is amazing, secondly that colour is gorgeousssss! X

After playing all day yesterday with acylink I have to say I am impressed! I don't do much acylic work as I work with gels mostly but it is gorgeous to apply and not much buffing is needed, I also got the ink brushes and they are lovely. I've just restocked all my Brisa and Cuccio gels but I am tempted to try the ijels and the fortify interests me, I did order the trial kit of ilac and I am sure I'm gonna love them too! What I can't get over is the price for such a top product!

For babyboomer nails I used their milk gel to fade out the white towards the cuticle

Another one

Attachments

• 1461013328206.jpg
    1461013328206.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 147
I used cover refill hard gel from Crystal nails and under the milk I used normal white to make it whiter. The milk and the cover make it easy to blend the two colours together

The fortify is amazing and so easy to use. :) Definitely recommend
Hi Leila, my fortify gel arrived today :D
Do you have any tips? And how does it remove? Do you just do the usual soak off procedure? Thank you for any help! I can't wait to try it x

Fortify is great. Apply it (and everything else Ink) THINLY.

So, usual prep.
Apply base coat.
Apply fortify if nails need strength
Apply 2 X colour coats
At this point you can add another layer of fortify
Top coat to finish.

Removal takes a few minutes more but isn't a problem despite the extra layers.

So, usual prep.
Apply base coat.
Apply 2 X colour coats
Top coat to finish.

That's great thank you very much.
Do you charge any extra if you use the fortify gel? I'm just wondering how much extra to charge seeing that I guess it doesn't take much extra time and product cost can't be very much? X

So, usual prep.
Apply base coat.
Apply 2 X colour coats
Top coat to finish.

Do you know if the Fortify is a gel polish product or a gel? Just wondering as it sounds good but I'm not qualified or insured for gel but I am for gel polish.

Do you know if the Fortify is a gel polish product or a gel? Just wondering as it sounds good but I'm not qualified or insured for gel but I am for gel polish.

I think it's a gel :)

It's designed for use with gel polish to add strength but it's applied like a traditional gel so I'm unsure. Probably best to check with your insurance company. Or you could send INK an email, I find they're always really helpful.

Thanks I thought it was a gel. I'll wait until I've done gel training.

That's great thank you very much.
Do you charge any extra if you use the fortify gel? I'm just wondering how much extra to charge seeing that I guess it doesn't take much extra time and product cost can't be very much? X

I charge an extra £3.00 for Fortify.

Ciderella, I've no idea. I've done a gel conversion so my insurance were happy to cover it. You can't extend nails with fortify - my insurance were happy to cover me for brushing on Fortify as part of that conversion.

I used a white colour gel which when it's cured does not leave a tacky layer. I drew the design and before curing I put colour acrylic powder on it then cured it. Then brushed off the excess powder.
which white colour gel? is it from the ink series?

For the ink london ilac gel do you use the proper lamp? I have the Cnd one but would like to try the Ilac but little bit worried as to whether it will cure or not? I dont fancy paying out another £100 odd for another lamp atm but wanted another system to use aswell as. Any help would be much appreciated thanks :)

For the ink london ilac gel do you use the proper lamp? I have the Cnd one but would like to try the Ilac but little bit worried as to whether it will cure or not? I dont fancy paying out another £100 odd for another lamp atm but wanted another system to use aswell as. Any help would be much appreciated thanks :)

I only have a few ilac and I use my CND UV lamp nether had any issues with it!

Latest posts

Back