INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used it and it was fine for me xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402006493.828651.jpg

This is i30 (Blue Jazz) taken with flash, unfortunately the sparkle doesn't show as much in normal lighting :sad:, but a pretty colour nonetheless.

Attachments

• IMG_00000853_edit.jpg
    IMG_00000853_edit.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 402
This is i30 (Blue Jazz) taken with flash, unfortunately the sparkle doesn't show as much in normal lighting :sad:, but a pretty colour nonetheless.

That's a lovely colour. I've ordered that colour. If all goes well then it should be here tomorrow. Exited bunny😎😎😎.

That's a lovely colour. I've ordered that colour. If all goes well then it should be here tomorrow. Exited bunny😎😎😎.

I hope you like it, I was hoping you would be able to see the shimmer more in natural lighting, light the swatch, but I love blue and it's a lovely colour anyway...see what you think ;)

Omg I'm in love! Just taken my delivery and put it on colour pops and now I can't wait to do my nails with it tonight!
Here's my swatches

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402049726294.jpg
    1402049726294.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 340
I have a client who only had gel now and again for special occasions but since using i-lac she just fell in love with it and has them done every fortnight now :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

OMG received my kit today. Their lamp came with it. The lamp is fab and had no probs with curing. Used a nude colour on my nails and so shiny. No problem with thumbs curing. Only observation is the lamp has a very short lead on it. But the products are amazing and I love them. This is the way forward. I also received 2 xlac bottles as I spent over 100 pounds. And a free cuticle oil. In less than two weeks I've received four free products. Bowled over doesn't come close this company is amazing and others need to up their game. Can't wait for hard gel to come out, xx

OMG received my kit today. Their lamp came with it. The lamp is fab and had no probs with curing. Used a nude colour on my nails and so shiny. No problem with thumbs curing. Only observation is the lamp has a very short lead on it. But the products are amazing and I love them. This is the way forward. I also received 2 xlac bottles as I spent over 100 pounds. And a free cuticle oil. In less than two weeks I've received four free products. Bowled over doesn't come close this company is amazing and others need to up their game. Can't wait for hard gel to come out, xx

I agree about the lead, is there anything we can do?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402129480.815897.jpglove this colour i32 xx

Extension cable. Xx

Agreed this is what I do, carry one of those windy ones with me now, this is something that needs addressing I think. Lol

Please could anyone tell me the cuticle oil ingredients? I have emailed but not had a response yet. Thanks! :)

I have trained with gelish. But I'm still new to the industry. I've tried this gel polish (ilac ) a few times just on my own nails. I just can't get it right I'm doing all the correct prep followed from INK website. I'm finding it's not lasting long. It's lifting at the free edge. I really concentrated on capping the free edge this time and still I can tell it does not look that good. I'm getting disheartened. Having been following this thread I know it's not the polish as it sounds amazing so it has to be something I'm not doing right any advice will be greatly received please

I have trained with gelish. But I'm still new to the industry. I've tried this gel polish (ilac ) a few times just on my own nails. I just can't get it right I'm doing all the correct prep followed from INK website. I'm finding it's not lasting long. It's lifting at the free edge. I really concentrated on capping the free edge this time and still I can tell it does not look that good. I'm getting disheartened. Having been following this thread I know it's not the polish as it sounds amazing so it has to be something I'm not doing right any advice will be greatly received please

My advice. And it's only my advice.
Use only ink products with there polish.
Apply ink cuticle remover, wait 1 minute then use pusher to remove cuticles.
Use ink prep to remove cuticle remover residue.
Use prep again to really dehydrate the nails.
Apply ink bonder and air dry.
Apply base coat. No capping required, and cure for correct time
Apply colour and cap edge then cure.
Apply second colour no capping required, and cure.
Apply top coat and cap the free edge, then cure.
Only use their cleanser to remove residue. I usually cleanse one wipe for a nail, xx

Thank you so much for your reply I do only use their products although I haven't been using the bonder which I will look at purchasing. I think practise practise is needed as it's totally different to gelish.

I bought the kit with base, top, colour, cleanser, remover and dehydrator. I didn't even realise there was a bonder. Mine have been on 10 days and still look lovely I usually only get a week max from shellac x

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought the kit with base, top, colour, cleanser, remover and dehydrator. I didn't even realise there was a bonder. Mine have been on 10 days and still look lovely I usually only get a week max from shellac x

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree I had it on for 8 days no chipping. There bonder us very mild but does add slightly more adheretion than without it. Xx

Ahh something else I forgot to mention is that if you cap every layer of polish then you may be causing a bigger problem with lift.
I used to cap every layer and sometimes had a problem with appearance and chipping. The nails sometimes had a lump towards the free edge which looked a bit crap to be honest. But also this lump would act like a ledge and the slightest catch would lever that ledge right off. And apparently this lump of gel polish would also be less cured due to its thickness.
Sometimes on short nails I don't cap them at all as it can make them look unsightly and they stay on like usual. Xx

Latest posts

Back