Inner thighs with roller wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Just wondering how effective you find the roller wax on the inner thighs? I find they drag even with the wax fully melted at high heat.

Yes, can be a bit difficult unless you have a super toned client!
This is my method:
  • Plenty of talc (or oil if that's your preference) first rubbed in to ensure skin is completely dry.
  • Get the client to hold the outer side of the thigh on the hip
  • You then use your spare hand to take the stretch on the inner side and slowly roll on wax to the area. You may need to divide the inner thigh into 4 sections depending on their size & whether you're including the bikini line.
  • To remove the wax, stretch in the same way and make client also hold the outer thigh tight.
The trick is to get the skin taut and apply the wax slowly. Small sections will help too.

See how you get on :)

I’ve never used oil or talc with strip wax. Doesn’t oil prevent wax sticking to the skin and hair? I use it with hot wax but strip wax needs to stick to the hair? Oil won’t leave the skin dry. Does talc make the rollers glide easier?

I’ve never used oil or talc with strip wax. Doesn’t oil prevent wax sticking to the skin and hair? I use it with hot wax but strip wax needs to stick to the hair? Oil won’t leave the skin dry. Does talc make the rollers glide easier?

I just mentioned the oil because some brands suggest it and your post didn't specify a brand.

Talc is commonly used before applying a warm wax.
The roller will glide more easily over dry , stretched skin.

Ok. I think talc prior to strip wax is one of the changes since I trained many years ago. We were never told to use talc so I’ll try that. So some brands use oil with strip wax too? I’ll try that on myself first. Thank you. [emoji3]

Ok. I think talc prior to strip wax is one of the changes since I trained many years ago. We were never told to use talc so I’ll try that. So some brands use oil with strip wax too? I’ll try that on myself first. Thank you. [emoji3]

Which brand do you use?
Clean + easy roll on system definitely says you can use talc under it.
Hive and the one from HOF are also fine with talc under it.

I've been using talc for 30 years so it's not a recent thing. There is still a lot of debate about using it even now!

Oh really? Well it’s worth a try. I use talc with hot so I’ll try with strip method. The roller wax I’m currently using (trying out lots of brands) is Salon System Just Wax. I’m thinking I might use outback organics hot wax so if they do a roller one I may try that too. Ive tried Australian bodycare and person Rigot too.

Apply small sections at a time starting with the lower end of the hair you would pull off so that you go around the round shape of the thigh bit by bit, allows you to stretch more.

Latest posts

Back