Inoa Post colour shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benji89

Reaction score
I have a client booked in for roots she previously went to another salon that used inoa colours as she would have a reaction to other colours. I have specially bought in the colour and developer for her to gain her as a client. We are currently changing colour manufacture and will skin test her for a new range of oil based colours however in the meantime will use the inoa on her. My question is do I need to purchase the post service shampoo or will other brand of post service shampoo and conditioner be suitable? As I can’t afford to be paying out too much for just one client. Thank you

I think as long as you use a shampoo which isn’t too heavy you’ll be ok - maybe do 3 shampoos just to make sure all the product is out of the hair. I don’t really rate inoa post to be honest, I never feel like the hair is properly cleansed using it.

Inoa post is only recommended because it’s deep cleansing and will remove the oil within the hair colour off the hair properly... however if you can’t afford to splurge, a deep cleansing (professional) shampoo will be fine. Probably not a dandruff shampoo though, that may be too corrosive on your hair colour and may cause it to fade.

Inoa is more difficult to remove because of it’s oil content.... just use a good quality shampoo, and be very thorough

I have a client booked in for roots she previously went to another salon that used inoa colours as she would have a reaction to other colours. I have specially bought in the colour and developer for her to gain her as a client. We are currently changing colour manufacture and will skin test her for a new range of oil based colours however in the meantime will use the inoa on her.

Presumably, you will still test her for Innoa colour first?
If you don’t, you won’t be covered if she subsequently tries to sue you. It’s irrelevant that ‘she says she’s fine with that brand of tint’ and the fact she has stated that she has a sensitivity to other brands should be a huge red flag in your consultation notes too.

Presumably, you will still test her for Innoa colour first?
If you don’t, you won’t be covered if she subsequently tries to sue you. It’s irrelevant that ‘she says she’s fine with that brand of tint’ and the fact she has stated that she has a sensitivity to other brands should be a huge red flag in your consultation notes too.

Hi she was skin tested prior to the service as she was a new client and advised of skin sensitivity.

Latest posts

Back