Insect Repellent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it is in insect repellent that affects nail polish? Has anyone else noticed this? Or does everyone else already know this!!

I've noticed it myself a few times on holiday, but never made the connection (I thought it was the heat :rolleyes: ). One of my clients said all her polish went sticky after she had applied suntan lotion containing insect repellent on holiday.

I looked at a few bottles of the stuff in the chemist and some do indeed say "Keep away from nail polish".

I now mention it to all my clients before they go on their hols. Am I the only one, or do you all do this?

Yep Insect repellent does make to polish go sticky and yucky..........
The pesticide commonly found in repellents are pyrethrins and DEET. DEET is a common name or nickname for the chemical N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide. It can break down the enamel and reduce it to a sticky gungy mess................
So after application make sure you wash your hands or use a baby wipe, specially on the nail and around the cuticles....................
hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back