Inspiration needed with yellow nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
By Yellow nails i mean the colour yellow polish or gel. lol

I do lots of nail art and i must admit ive always avoided yellow because not many people go for it at all, but ive seen a bright ibd gel yellow and i want it! i want to show my customers that it can be wearable but of course i will be doing something funky and fun as yellow really is!

I am just stuck!! no idea where to go with it, very unlike me. I guess yellow can verge on trampy tacky? although i love the idea of zebra print faded with blue like the new MINX?

Does anyone had any ideas or pictures to inspire me? also do you use yellow in your salon?

xx

I don't use a lot of yellow unless it's for something multicoloured like you said! Looks tacky on its own but when faded with other colours it can look really pretty.

Xx

I saw some on the additives thread or at least I think it was there. Only the ring fingers were yellow with pink dots. Rest of nails were the pink of the dots.

Any animal print over yellow would look nice. Maybe flowers?

xxx

I totally agree that not many people like the yellow on their nails but here is an idea...

Flowers, you can create loads of pics with flowers, like a bouquet of flowers using yellow & other colors as well.

I did a few french based & added a yellow daisy near a white daisy, on a different set I did yellow lilies.

To be honest, when I am out of ideas I just Google things. Like if I were you wanting some ideas on the color yellow as nail art, I would go type in yellow nail art on Google & just see what shows up! If I were thinking of Flowers, I would look up Yellow flowers. If I were looking for just any pics of something yellow I would type yellow pictures!

The ideas are endless, if you are one like me that loves nail art I am certain you will inspired by all that you will find on those pics!

Ooh, I just looked up yellow nail art & this is what I found...I am hoping that at least 1 will inspire you!
https://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+nail+art&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=hi&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=PB1CUOK2AtGO4gSugoCYDg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=596

Hope this helped & has inspired you at least a tiny bit!

Good Luck & Have a great weekend! :Love:

Aztec or tribal print?

I like the idea of an acid smiley face on the ring finger though, would look really happy.

I was exactly the same about green, bought it but thought what shall I do with it. I had my little cousin was over (shes only 17) and she loves lairy, funky or weird designs so we came up with this sort of Aztec/ tribal design (in the pic)
Aztec nails would look cool with yellow as another poster just said.
I also think bright pink looks nice with yellow and maybe a bit of gold.
Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346512590.711496.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346512590.711496.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 290
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346512653.615726.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346512653.615726.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 2,128
Not great pics but I love yellow, here are some ways I've used it
163379_455707864446284_1765436712_n.jpg

398365_455707924446278_874240203_n.jpg

529630_484800748203662_194107902_n.jpg

Im guessing thats Bio sculpture? bio drags really really well. :)

I did google and i didnt like many of them tbh.

I really liked the yellow/blue/green leopard WOW theres minx designs like that out too.

Maybe ill buy one then and use in colour fades and flowers.

Nice blue green design above :) :) did you hand paint the designs on? x

Bumble bee nails? Lol I love the look of those especially with the trailing black dots which look as though the bee is buzzing around the nails x

Yellow base with a black chequered French tip? There's one on one of the konad plates...a new York taxi style

Latest posts

Back