Inspirational quotes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was five years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I love this one i always read it when im down. Brings a tear to my eye sometimes ... Dunno why though :) lol.

I also love : you were born an original don't die a copy.

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.
.................................~ William Shakespeare

God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change.. courage to change the things i can and wisdom to know the difference

Last edited:
This used to be in the staff room when I was teaching...
"God grant me the wine to make bearable what I can't change, the beer to make it funny and the wisdom to never get my knickers in a knot because it solves nothing and ït makes me walk funny.
Made me chuckle for some reason..

Not sure if my fave quote is along the lines here but it's,
'I'm tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, OK! Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done - madonna.'

cxxxx

My all time fav is the ferris bueller classic "life moves pretty fast if you don't stop and take a look once in a while you might miss it" always makes me appreciate the little things and stop worrying and get on with it :)

Loving this thread. Xx

What's for you doesn't go past you

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail

Perfect practice makes perfect :)

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

From little acorns mighty oaks grow.

A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips :eek:

'all that glitters isn't gold'

'love is blind but the neighbour aint'

I love threads like this.

"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
Bob Marley.

I love this thread :)

I really love quotes, I'm a saddo that googles them and saves them!

A few of my favourites:

Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

In the hopes of reaching the moon, we sometimes fail to see the flowers that blossom at our feet

A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hours worth of praise after success

If you have no one to encourage you, instead of using that as an excuse for failure, encourage yourself and use that as a reason why you must succeed

It's better to fail on principles than to win on lies

Never chase love. If it isn't given freely by another person then it's not worth having

Xxxxx

My fav is:

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Also loved the John Lennon one 2!

xx

Love this quote;

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not , in fact, just surrounded by a&@holes. William Gibson. ;)

I love this. Made me smile

Don't measure life with the breaths you take, measure it in the moments that take your breath away!

My all time favourite quote:
'never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game' - a Cinderella story
Vicki :) xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My all time favourite quote:
'never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game' - a Cinderella story
Vicki :) xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

That's my favourite film :) love the quote too xx

I wanted to put this on the wall of my beauty studio -

In a world where you can be anything ~ be yourself..

Love it but it doesnt really reflect what I do , fake nails, fake tan etc etc etc!,:D

Until we realise we are the creator of our own misery we will never truly be happy. For it is how we react to any given situation that brings us happiness. We might not always be able to understand why things happen, we just have to learn to accept it and move on. It helps to remember that sometimes, good people make bad choices. It doesnt mean theyre bad, it means theyre human.

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realising that life is made up of little things.

It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not - Kurt Cobain

When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see want other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix

And lastly although not overly inspirational, I have this tattooed on my foot and I love it. It's a pink floyd lyric - All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

Love this thread!

Latest posts

Back