Inspired 3D nailart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Well after going to Excel with Caz and watching Ant Buckley do his encased nail art i decided to give it ago. I did the 1st one encased, then the other two are just covered with EZ Flow's UV topcoat which i love as you can see the texture of the design.
19153D_nail_art_UV_top_coated_encapsulated.jpg

I have used EZ Flow's Rainbow Candy and Gemstones collection powders, they are so excellent to work with and lovely and vibrant. Plus i have covered the blue one with Disco Nights powder from the Boogie nights collection. Can't wait to earn more so i can buy some more colours i am so hooked on this now.:D

Put Simply 'Wow' x

They are sooooo gorgeous!

They are terrific, well done you.

NailGlitz

I love these. Can't wait until I am talented enough to do them like that.

They are fab I really love them they are bright. I will have to give the 3d a go! :lol:

They are FAB

You live up to your name then...eh

They are absolutely beautiful Wendy! Jxx

Thanks Geeks, alot of the reason i keep playing and trying stuff out is the inspiration i get from you talented lot.

Its a case of playing and letting the old imagination go.

Hey Wendy, they're fab. I keep trying with my EZ Flow coloured powders but no way am I anywhere near you but each petal gets better lol....you must have more time on your hands than me (that's my excuse). They are great and I'll keep coming back to your pic for inspiration.

The colour fades underneath are great. How long do you reakon it would take you to do a full set of these?

Hi!

FAB nails!must have taken you a while to do them. :confused:how do you get the 3D look,as i'ed like to have a go.pleeeeease let me now.

THANKS! !

they look lovely :) :) :)
rainbow candys one of my fav collections too :D

Gorgeous wendy! you'll have to do a demo at the next geek meeting!!

These are lovely I look the bright colours you have used. Well Done

fudge said:
Hi!

FAB nails!must have taken you a while to do them. :confused:how do you get the 3D look,as i'ed like to have a go.pleeeeease let me now.

THANKS! !
All i can say is i used the pink in zone 3 then when i applied the purple in zone 2 i gently blended it in to zone 3, did the same with zone 1. Then i just got a very small bead of Truly White, working very dry, and just placed on the nail and using the tip of my brush pushed it gently to get the shape and made a groove in it to make it look like a petal. You can either cover the whole lot with clear to encase it, or simply use a UV topcoat to seal it. This prevent discolouration and bring out the colours more.

All i can say is just practise on a plastic sheet doing petals or what ever shapes you want to do, then do it on a nail. Hope this helps.

Good luck

They are just fantastic.......I am in total awe!!!

Nikki said:
They are just fantastic.......I am in total awe!!!
You`re not the only one there Nikki, I am so very proud to know Wendy not only as a friend but as a great tech too, she`s just so inspiring, keep it up Wendy

talented talons said:
All i can say is i used the pink in zone 3 then when i applied the purple in zone 2 i gently blended it in to zone 3, did the same with zone 1. Then i just got a very small bead of Truly White, working very dry, and just placed on the nail and using the tip of my brush pushed it gently to get the shape and made a groove in it to make it look like a petal. You can either cover the whole lot with clear to encase it, or simply use a UV topcoat to seal it. This prevent discolouration and bring out the colours more.

All i can say is just practise on a plastic sheet doing petals or what ever shapes you want to do, then do it on a nail. Hope this helps.

Good luck

Wendy,
you mite find it easier to use comp white instead of the truly white as it holds the shape better as it is faster setting :)
let me know if you find a differance

Jess
xox

nails@42ndstreet said:
The colour fades underneath are great. How long do you reakon it would take you to do a full set of these?
I wouldn't like to say how long it would take me to do a full set of 3D stuff, i've done a fullset of 3 colour fades and they took me 3 hours, so i suppose that ain't bad as they were my first set. I get so engrossed in what i'm doing when playing with my 3D nail art i forget to watch the time.:D

Debs said:
You`re not the only one there Nikki, I am so very proud to know Wendy not only as a friend but as a great tech too, she`s just so inspiring, keep it up Wendy
thanks Debs, if you think about it you started all this off letting me play with your coloured powders and showing where to start. Do you remember the hearts and balloons......lol. Well you had been drinking and i think you were on your second bottle of wine....lol.:lol:

Latest posts

Back