Instagram help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Ok firstly please don't laugh at my total lack of knowledge here...it's making me feel old lol But my daughter (12yo!!) has set me up a work page for Instagram but I really have no idea how to use it! I have managed to find a few people/pages for me to follow but how do you get people to find and follow you? I have glanced at the other Instagram thread on here where everyone has posted their user names. How do I post a picture on it 😳 and how do I get people to see it? How to hashtags work? And how can I make it benefit my business?

Sorry for all the questions but I really am confused.

So the first thing to do is build up your own profile, start following people. A lot of the time if someone is followed, they will follow back. Hashtagging increases the appearance of your posts so for example, if you post a picture of a salon you would hashtag with #salon #salon[location] #beauty and other words that relate to your business/picture. I would also advise not to just post to instagram. Set up a Facebook business page. You can set up instagram to automatically post to your facebook page too. You can set up a similar link with twitter.
There are plenty of things you can do to raise awareness of your company. If you would like any free advice, please contact me through my website - IP1IT | Ipswich Technical Support Services

Latest posts

Back