Instagram question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin love

Reaction score
Hi all I’m at long last on Instagram!!!! Now what?! how do you promote your business? I haven’t found any friends yet as I wanted to build up the page first?

Can you give me ti

Hi all I’m at long last on Instagram!!!! Now what?! how do you promote your business? I haven’t found any friends yet as I wanted to build up the page first?

Can you give me ti
-Keep your bio simple and to the point by using bullet points, say exactly who you are, what you do and where you're based and how to contact you
-Follow similar pages and like their posts.
-Follow pages that are directly linked to the products you use (for example I follow goldwell, matrix, etc as I use their products)
-Switch to business profile if you want people to contact you for appointments etc easily
-Ask your current clients to follow you on there and to ask their friends family etc
-Upload your pics and always use hashtags! You're allowed up to 30
-Tag the brands you've used in the photo
-Add a location to your photo so people can find it on the explore page
I know it sounds like a lot but once you get the hang of it it's very easy! Instagram has helped my business so much, its a great tool.

With promoting it is pretty self explanatory once you click the button. Find the pic you want to promote and click promote post. From there it will walk you through who you want to target etc. One tip I would say is set a budget limit so that once you reach this you won't spend over it until you reset it. I've been caught out by Facebook overcharging me a few times.

God what an essay, apologies haha. I wish you every success with your business ☺

-Keep your bio simple and to the point by using bullet points, say exactly who you are, what you do and where you're based and how to contact you
-Follow similar pages and like their posts.
-Follow pages that are directly linked to the products you use (for example I follow goldwell, matrix, etc as I use their products)
-Switch to business profile if you want people to contact you for appointments etc easily
-Ask your current clients to follow you on there and to ask their friends family etc
-Upload your pics and always use hashtags! You're allowed up to 30
-Tag the brands you've used in the photo
-Add a location to your photo so people can find it on the explore page
I know it sounds like a lot but once you get the hang of it it's very easy! Instagram has helped my business so much, its a great tool.

With promoting it is pretty self explanatory once you click the button. Find the pic you want to promote and click promote post. From there it will walk you through who you want to target etc. One tip I would say is set a budget limit so that once you reach this you won't spend over it until you reset it. I've been caught out by Facebook overcharging me a few times.

God what an essay, apologies haha. I wish you every success with your business ☺

There are no hearts to press! Lol

Although it’s seems such a lot to take in thank you so much for your time to write all this

Xxxx

Latest posts

Back