Instant lifting on one client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannajadem

CND Education Ambassador
Reaction score
Hi there, hope someone can help with this mystery?

I gained a new client a few weeks ago and did a full set of CND L+P on her nails.
She warned me at the time that she'd been to another nail bar with a good rep in the area a few years ago who also applied CND L+P which lifted badly the very next day, so when she returned they applied a different brand, which didn't lift but she couldn't remember what it was.

Because of this, I applied primer even though I use Retention +, and she returned with a little bit of lift on every nail, but nothing major. For an experiment I tried without the primer but when she returned today the lifting was much worse, so I did the Scrubfresh, nailfresh, scrubfresh thing, then applied primer (making sure the nail was dry) and rebalanced as normal.

However, during the finishing, I noticed instant lifting around the cuticle- tiny flecks, but I'm worried it's only going to get worse. I was gutted because I really spent ages on my application today, paranoid it might be something I'm doing wrong as no other client has this (except one who I now use NailFresh on and have no problems since).

She's not on any medication etc, but interestingly, had semi-permanent lashes applied last week and said they all came off within one week-could this be realated?
I don't think she's trashing the nails as, like I say, she had them done a few years ago in the other place with no problems-just wish I could find out which product it is.

Can't help with the product but have a couple of questions for her, regardless of age, has she gone through the menopause? Has she had a hysterectomy?
I ask this because quiet a few women who have, (I had one client who menopaused at 19 years old) cant wear acryic, L&P or gel but they get on very well with fabric wraps.
It doesn't seem to matter whether they are on HRT or not, and it's not all of them.;)

Maybe try a diffrent monomer with her? radical is good with issue clients ,

Latest posts

Back