instant spot cure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Hiya, anyone know of a instant spot cure?! big nasty one on my chin, v embarasing got work tomorrow...........................:irked:

Apparently if you can just feel it coming the you could apply some Lavender essential oil to it, or if it has already arrived some Tea Tree will help. (Just remember not to use Lavender oil if you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy.)

Probably get moaned at for saying this, but toothpaste. Just a small dab on the offending spot does the trick. Be careful not to get it on the surrounding skin as the toothpaste is very drying. Doesn't work as well with baking soda type pastes. (far too drying)

Not a skin geek just a mum who's dealt with teen age skin.:lol: Witch stick, Tesco sell them or a shaving stick, the one you put on a cut and it stops the bleeding. The witch stick is better for your skin but they both work the same way, if you rub it onto the offending spot tonight by morning you should be able to apply again and hide whats left under your foundation.

i always find even if the spot goes down slightly i can never hide it under foundation as it always goes 'cakey' then looks like a big yellow spot!! :eek::irked:

SPLAT IT that's what I would do - LOL.

Don't tell me off you other skin geeks:green:

i always find even if the spot goes down slightly i can never hide it under foundation as it always goes 'cakey' then looks like a big yellow spot!! :eek::irked:

What type of concealer do you use?

SPLAT IT that's what I would do - LOL.

Don't tell me off you other skin geeks:green:

Just remember to wipe it off the mirror afterwards!!:lol:

ok
Apply witch stick tonight
Again in the morning after a good defoliation.
Then moisturise
I know that sounds like you are going to spot up again but if you want to cover up without it going cakey then its got to be done
then concealer if you have a green tint or yellow tint its better because it takes the red down
Then foundation
But hopefully the witch stick will do its job tonight and it wont be a prob by morning.

thanks for all ur advice, i use MAC foundation and concealer, with bare essentials powder. ive been uing the witch stick last night my spots never go down quickly tho. i jut wish i could cover it up like they do on the tv stars!

But thats an air brush hun and it happens after the photo :lol::lol:
I want the one that makes them look like a stick insect:green:

Unprofessional advise........dab it with a bit of scrubfresh....:lol:

Windex - well it worked on my big fat greek wedding.

well i tried the tea tree and exfoliating, the spot was just as bad this morning, and i couldnt cover it up at all. o and theres one the other side and a small one in between my eyebrowS!!! ooooooooooo
so i spent all day applying make up then deciding it looked worse so taking it off then reapplying,......... couldnt look anyone in the eye felt they were all looking at me!! ive ordered the md formulation range which should come tomorrow so hoping it works!
as for tonight i have just cleanesed twice, exfoliated lightly and moiturised and spot treatment!! :eek::cry:

Hi
whitch hazel, tea tree oil, scrubs... you should try an ingrown hair product , one that contains salycilic acid. That will be antiseptic, anti inflamatary and exfolliate to clear the pore. I know of one that can take a spot down overnight but cant mention brand names...sorry!

Hi
whitch hazel, tea tree oil, scrubs... you should try an ingrown hair product , one that contains salycilic acid. That will be antiseptic, anti inflamatary and exfolliate to clear the pore. I know of one that can take a spot down overnight but cant mention brand names...sorry!
You can PM her the info hun

why cant u say brand name? i thought we were allowed? oops i have been doin?

thats such a bad thing to do, do you not know that if you keep on washing and washing your skin it only gives it more spots, this is because washing your skin too much takes away all of its oils and so your skin will produce lots of oil causing a build up of spots. To make sure you keep your skin free of spots is to always remember to take of your makeup every night and wash occasionally with facewash and any spots will soon die down - DONT squeeze them! Also if you do want an instant sure you can use a witch stick or other types of product that dries your spots out but on sensitive skin this would be a bad choice. To cover it just use a good conceler - loreal infallibal is good. and make sure you get the exact right colour to blend it into your skin. x

Latest posts

Back