Instgram advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephiB1989

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a bit of a wierd situation and I do not know how to feel about it so thought maybe someone could shed some light.

I had extensions put in at begging of March and we are in lockdown now and didn't want to keep them in aaftee 8 weeks as I have heard that can cause damage etc. I contacted the extensionist who put them in and she gave me lots of advice.

My partner took my extensions out yesterday and I added a before and after picture on my Instagram to show the difference, the description was "...remove my extensions as it has been 8 week. Hair feels super light now". One of my friends commented a joke about shaving it to which I replied "I already feel bold without the extentions" and then after another comment I replied "I would cry and never leave the house if I was bold my hair is already thin and boring as it is" (can't remember the exact wording but basically that).

At no point did I tag the extensionist but she liked the picture and then private messaged me staying that my hair looks great and I shouldn't put negative comments on my insta as she doesn't deserve it.

I was really upset as I did not feel that I was being negative towards her work and just that without my extensions my hair feels thin/boring. I removed the comment and apologised and she said don't worry but I now feel really awkward about the whole thing.

Was I in the wrong? I feel a little bit like it was taken the wrong way and it was a bit confrontational for me. I really liked the service she provided and her personally but now I am wondering if I should go somewhere else (when this is all over obviously).

Sorry for the long post - I'm feeling a bit wierd about the whole thing.

She was being ridiculous. She doesn’t own you.
It’s your account, you didn’t name her or tag her presumably?
Even if you did, you weren’t criticising her work, so you should have left your posts up, I think.

Next time, reply something like... “Thanks for your message. I’ve considered your comment(s) but I’ve decided that I’m happy with my posts as they are as they reflect honestly how I‘m currently feeling about my hair.”

If you’re feeling especially annoyed, you could add... “I really wasn’t expecting my personal posts to be viewed as free advertising”

- - - -
Also, apologies in advance, but the word is ‘bald’ not ‘bold’. Sorry, but it’s always bern a pet peeve of mine from college when other hairdressing students used to confuse the two words. In Ireland it’s common to talk about children ‘being bold’ when you mean that they’ve been naughty. :p

Thank you for your comment. Without my extensions in my hair feels super thin and I know it will do as the extensions were 180g of human hair but i have definitely lost some hair through the process.

The post was a way for my to catalogue the before and after as I was already really upset- I basically cried all day and to then get the DM from the extensionist essentially saying I was insulating her just really made me feel worse.

I do not know if I want to go back to the same extensionist now - its really put me off.

Also - thanks for correcting my spelling . I am pretty bad at it at the best of times. Haha.

She’s being ridiculous, I don’t see how she could have thought that was a dig at her

Latest posts

Back