Insurance??? Anyone with information

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beulah

Reaction score
I am qualified makeup artist and beauty therapist , and want to establish a mobile business but have no idea where to start .Could some one please advise me on what kind of insurance to get, and where from.
And by the way I am in Ireland.:irked:

Hi,

The first thing you will need is Public, Product & Treatment Liability Cover. You may also need to look into insuring your equipment, or make sure your car insurance covers the equipment that may be in it, as you will be working mobile.

The Guild covers the UK and Northern Ireland, but cannot cover the Republic of Ireland.

i have a salon, and my policy is with norwich union, through an insurance broker called mercier jones, i can give you the telephone numbers if you pm me. i pay £28 per month for everything including building, contents, public and employers liability.. its very comprehensive, and i did a lot of research. NOT SURE IF THEY COVER IRELAND THOUGH!!!

Hiya, I am a mobile therapist too (make-up) - you should definitely go the the Guild of Beauty Therapists, they are very good, and offer great service, including your insurance and loads of other benefits. Definitely recommended. Hope that helps!

I get my public liability, treatment liability and also salon contents through BABTAC i think they would insure you in Ireland.

manda xx
www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Most of the large Associations will provide insurance cover, if you don't want to join one you can get your own insurance arranged. I use H&L Balen for mine - excellent company.

The CTA include insurance in there membership and it is very reasonable. More information can be found of the website "EmbodyForYou".

A quick plug, so I'll make it brief.

1. On our website BABTAC - The Official Site of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology there are some notes about insurance - and we do advise people to shop around. The cheap policies do not provide even vaguely adequate cover in some cases; the page called ABOUT INSURANCE on our site gives you a lot of information which will help you, even if you don't join!

2. Yes, we have what is probably the best policy on the market, and we're not the cheapest - but take a look at the massive heap of MEMBER BENEFITS on the site! Nobody, but nobody, provides the benefits package we do - it honestly saves you £thousands!

Regards

PHILP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

Latest posts

Back