Insurance, best and cheapest

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickyzoki

Reaction score
Hi I am a beauty therapist nail technician and eyelash extensionist. Where does everyone recommend for the cheapest and best insurance for a home salon?

‘Best’ and ‘cheapest’ rarely go together.

Honestly, it depends on what level of cover you need.
Also, are you based in the U.K. or Australia, as it’s not clear from your profile info.

Are you just looking for minimum professional liability cover or do you want to ensure you are fully covered in the event of something going wrong?

Generally, you need to consider what if the client sues you because of something that you did caused them harm or because they injured themselves whilst in your home. Will the insurance you’ve bought cover both situations?

Secondly, what if you need to claim on the insurance because the client has stolen from you or caused damage to your home.
For instance, client trips over because she was wearing loose flip flops after having a pedicure and knocks your partner’s expensive tv over and breaks it. Client refuses to pay to replace the TV saying it was just an accident.

I’d start with your normal home insurer and get a quote from them. It might not add much to your current household premiums. If you’re working from a room in your home, you normally need to inform your current insurance provider anyway because it could be considered a material fact in any subsequent claim as an added risk.

Honestly, it depends on what level of cover you need.
Also, are you based in the U.K. or Australia, as it’s not clear from your profile info.

Are you just looking for minimum professional liability cover or do you want to ensure you are fully covered in the event of something going wrong?

Generally, you need to consider what if the client sues you because of something that you did caused them harm or because they injured themselves whilst in your home. Will the insurance you’ve bought cover both situations?

Secondly, what if you need to claim on the insurance because the client has stolen from you or caused damage to your home.
For instance, client trips over because she was wearing loose flip flops after having a pedicure and knocks your partner’s expensive tv over and breaks it. Client refuses to pay to replace the TV saying it was just an accident.

I’d start with your normal home insurer and get a quote from them. It might not add much to your current household premiums. If you’re working from a room in your home, you normally need to inform your current insurance provider anyway because it could be considered a material fact in any subsequent claim as an added risk.

Thats great info thanks. I was in Australia but have just moved back after 10 years.

Can you give me an example of being covered 'minimally' compared to fully?

Can you name some good companies in the UK.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back