Insurance confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty Geeky

Reaction score
Hi,

apologies as I know this has been discussed a few times before but even after reading the other posts I'm still confused. :eek:

My house insurance runs out today and the company (Post Office) can't cover me as I am setting up a home salon. I've been in touch with Direct Line regarding a Work from Home policy. They say the following will be covered: Home Insurance (buildings only, no contents), public/product/treatment liability and business contents. If I were to take this policy out and their separate policy for home contents will that mean I'd be totally covered and will not require to buy separate beauty insurance from Salon Gold/The Guild etc??

I'm really confused with it all and I'm trying to get in touch with Direct Line but am waiting for a call back from them at 3pm today.

I hope someone can clarify all this for me before I spend money I might not need to.

Thanks in advance!!

PGxx:o

I think hat you should do is get your home insurance and then get insurance to cover yourself as a therapist. professional beauty will probably help you, they do salon insurance or personal insurance, just to cover you, wherever you work.

salon insurance: Professional Beauty 2011

personal insurance: Professional Beauty 2011

I think having home and personal insurance should cover you, but don't trust me on that!

Hope this helps!!

Thanks so much for your reply Kerrymarie - I'm off to check out the link! I was kind of erring on going for two separate insurances and think my mind is made up now. Just have to wait for them all to open tomorrow :)

PGx

Hi

I have recently got additional insurance to cover treatments at home. Tesco's who my home insurance is with would not cover me for working at home so I have additional insurance with Direct Line - it costs me less then £5 a month so def worth it.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back