Insurance cover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcgiles

Reaction score
Has anyone looked up or got anymore info on salon insurance which covers for Enforced closure due to notifiable infectious disease at the premises?
cheers

I’ve looked at my Salon Gold policy and I’m certain I’m not covered for it.
I wonder if it was possibly something that was additional?

I called mine today, luckily i'm covered but its very complicated as its worded in my policy. However they can still refuse to pay out depending on the exceptions. Unless the government close down businesses... I cannot claim anything from my insurance unless this happens- not loss of revenue or drop in foot fall as this is not covered in business interruption or loss of earnings.

So atm im staying safe, picking and choosing what to do for the next 16 weeks. Being exceptionally stingy with incoming and outgoings. Hopeful that it will be better. No crazy spending- this looks likely until mid July- (all i want to do is buy salon stuff). Get your contingency plan in place- keep clients informed/ update all contact info for any cancellations- don't do any mass facebook messages- keep it personable to retain your clients and see how their well being is.

My advice to those that are open; call your insurance find out what you are covered for- look at the policy wording. Call your bank look at the grants available in April, look at holiday free mortgages/loans. Call any utility bill for your business and they have helpful solutions on bills being minimized. Watch the PM everyday- today helpful suggestions to boost businesses.
I hope you all get the financial abundance once we're out of this pickle! Wishing everyone the best! xoxo

Mine said only covered if I caught it myself or if one of my clients caught it at the salon...only in that situation would it be a notifiable disease and could be claimed for. What a total waste of time, will only pay out for my loss if I get ill or if I make my clients ill. Not an option as morally wrong so have decided to close and just hope the government will step up to help us all out.

I called mine today, luckily i'm covered but its very complicated as its worded in my policy. However they can still refuse to pay out depending on the exceptions. Unless the government close down businesses... I cannot claim anything from my insurance unless this happens- not loss of revenue or drop in foot fall as this is not covered in business interruption or loss of earnings.

So atm im staying safe, picking and choosing what to do for the next 16 weeks. Being exceptionally stingy with incoming and outgoings. Hopeful that it will be better. No crazy spending- this looks likely until mid July- (all i want to do is buy salon stuff). Get your contingency plan in place- keep clients informed/ update all contact info for any cancellations- don't do any mass facebook messages- keep it personable to retain your clients and see how their well being is.

My advice to those that are open; call your insurance find out what you are covered for- look at the policy wording. Call your bank look at the grants available in April, look at holiday free mortgages/loans. Call any utility bill for your business and they have helpful solutions on bills being minimized. Watch the PM everyday- today helpful suggestions to boost businesses.
I hope you all get the financial abundance once we're out of this pickle! Wishing everyone the best! xoxo
Do you mind me asking how it was worded in your policy please?
We are having the same issue.

Has anyone looked up or got anymore info on salon insurance which covers for Enforced closure due to notifiable infectious disease at the premises?
cheers
Ours is the same? Have you heard anything back yet?

Business interruption for notifiable illnesses and government closures is not covered. After all the SARS outbreaks insurers took this off the policy wordings. One or two might still include. but this is no longer the norm. You might be covered for salmonella or something but not a Pandemkc.

sadly something like a pandemic is not insurable because it effects everyone. Insurance is there for individual blips, when there is an element of universality then it becomes a problem for all of society to resolve, not individual insurers.

insurers are being more flexible with continuing cover in unoccupied premises, but everyone should try and check in with their policy wordings and make sure that they have done everything possible to reduce their exposure to losses - I’m still visiting my salon every day to check everything as I’m leaving electrical equipment on (dehumidifier, computer, background heating) and Ive taken all my products out of view from the window.

Business interruption for notifiable illnesses and government closures is not covered. After all the SARS outbreaks insurers took this off the policy wordings. One or two might still include. but this is no longer the norm. You might be covered for salmonella or something but not a Pandemkc.

sadly something like a pandemic is not insurable because it effects everyone. Insurance is there for individual blips, when there is an element of universality then it becomes a problem for all of society to resolve, not individual insurers.

insurers are being more flexible with continuing cover in unoccupied premises, but everyone should try and check in with their policy wordings and make sure that they have done everything possible to reduce their exposure to losses - I’m still visiting my salon every day to check everything as I’m leaving electrical equipment on (dehumidifier, computer, background heating) and Ive taken all my products out of view from the window.
Thank you for your reply, i thought this may be the case. Thank you

Latest posts

Back