Insurance for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen780cat

Reaction score
hi guys :)
Im wanting some insurance for hair extensions iam qualified with balmain
however im not YET a qualified hairdresser iam just completing my 1st year and im also doing a level 3 nail tech course online

What insurance do i need?
Thanks

I went with salon gold

Salon gold won't insure you if you don't have a hairdressing qualification. I guess they will insure you but then if something happens and you can't show hairdressing qualification then you're in trouble.

Im insured with salon gold and im not a hairdresser. I phoned them to check before i paid and they said it was absolutely fine x

I am Nvq 1 qualified and also have my extension qualification and they insured me. I also phoned before I bought it

brill thanks girls that was the problem i didnt know if id be faced with or not with not being qualified for hairdressing yet - have any of you got a phone number for them please :) xx

They has changed their policies. You should call them again as they don't insure you unless you hold a NVQ to do hair extensions.

When did they change there policy as I only got mine 2 weeks ago? Where can you do an Nvq for hair extensions?

I only renewed mine on the 24th last month... Surely they would have told me on the phone if they were renewing so soon?

No not on hair extensions but they only cover those who are hairdressers and not just done a hair extensions course. I am not sure if it was NVQ specifically but they said the only insure qualified hairdressers to do extensions.

Best thing to do is call them! But I'd be really careful! They will insure you sure but I asked them specifically and if I make a claim and I have no hairdressing qualification they don't cover. Up to you if you want to gamble but I'd call and really make sure!!! That's what the lady told me.

I did ask them specifically as im not a qualified hairdresser. They told me im fully insured and they will pay out if any thing goes wrong aslong as i dont carry out any other hair treatments that im bot qualified to do, which i dont anyway. As i said, this was on the 24th april so if theyve change their policy since then surely they would have informed me.

Oh well that's really odd! I spoke to them on Friday as I was changing my policy. If she said that then it must cover you but to me they said the Don't cover you if you're not a hairdresser too and made sure I understood this if I make a claim as they changed it as covering non qualified hairdressers is too risky. Im talking to them tomorrow again so will ask.

So are they open on sundays? I was going to wait until tuesday to phone and ask about them changing their policy but i will phone tomorrow if they are open. Ive just checked the website too it doesnt say anything about changes on there.

They changed that sometime last year so it's not something new as far as I knew. You should call them and make sure that they really cover you to fit and cut them. Ask what you need to provide if you make a claim.

Did anyone contact salon gold?

Latest posts

Back