Insurance for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendywells

Reaction score
Hi
I'm very new to this so please bear with me...I'm currently looking at a complete career change when my lads have finished uni in a years time. I'm currently a primary school teacher, but before doing this I qualified as a beauty therapist (NVQ Level 2 at a local college in 1998) and Reflexologist and did practice for a short time before having a change of heart. Anyway it looks like I've now gone full circle, as I've decided that I'd like to go back into the industry when I semi retire (I'll be 48) in 2021.
I want to retrain as a hair extension fitter and also offer lashes, but before I plough head long into a course I have looked at insurance and most appear to come with a clause attached -
Please note, we’re only able to provide cover for hair extensions if you are a fully qualified hairdresser or beauty therapist and have attended a UK-accredited course for the hair extension method you’re using.
We regret that we are unable to accept correspondence courses or home study courses as suitable qualifications.

So my question to you lovely ladies and gents is would the NQV level 2 that I did way back in 1998, carry enough weight to allow me to purchase insurance to fit extensions and lashes? Or is there a course out there that is reputable enough in its own right to apply for insurance? (I'm currently looking at Oakley Academy after reading through threads on here).
Many thanks in advance.
Wendy x

Hiya I trained with Oakley academy last Feb and they were fab! Even although I done my course quite a while ago now and have started my own business they're still great at giving support if you do ever need to double check something or ask for recommendations for products, best place to buy etc. In regards to insurance the qualifications you get from Oakley you should have no issues getting insurance but I personally have insurance with simply business. Hope this helps a wee bit and good luck :) x

Hi
I'm very new to this so please bear with me...I'm currently looking at a complete career change when my lads have finished uni in a years time. I'm currently a primary school teacher, but before doing this I qualified as a beauty therapist (NVQ Level 2 at a local college in 1998) and Reflexologist and did practice for a short time before having a change of heart. Anyway it looks like I've now gone full circle, as I've decided that I'd like to go back into the industry when I semi retire (I'll be 48) in 2021.
I want to retrain as a hair extension fitter and also offer lashes, but before I plough head long into a course I have looked at insurance and most appear to come with a clause attached -
Please note, we’re only able to provide cover for hair extensions if you are a fully qualified hairdresser or beauty therapist and have attended a UK-accredited course for the hair extension method you’re using.
We regret that we are unable to accept correspondence courses or home study courses as suitable qualifications.

So my question to you lovely ladies and gents is would the NQV level 2 that I did way back in 1998, carry enough weight to allow me to purchase insurance to fit extensions and lashes? Or is there a course out there that is reputable enough in its own right to apply for insurance? (I'm currently looking at Oakley Academy after reading through threads on here).
Many thanks in advance.
Wendy x
Good luck i am 48 and thinking of doing the same as you x

Simply business are pretty good with good rates xx

I am with simply business too

I find their rates pretty good and any issues I’ve had they’re pretty good xx

Latest posts

Back