Insurance for students?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aliona28

Reaction score
Hey girls!
Hope your week started well!
I’ve been told there is an insurance I can get while being a student so I can start practicing on clients ( also buy some of the products not available unless you have insurance)
I looked online but couldn’t find anything. Please could someone help out?
Also if there are any tricks to know about insurance I’d appreciate if you could include so information, too.

Thanks in advance !

Not sure what you googled, but I just tried and found loads of student insurance. Companies that sell professional products usually ask for evidence of a qualification or evidence of having enrolled on a relevant course. I've never been asked for my insurance policy.

Did your course not provide you with information about student insurance?

Not sure I understand what you mean by 'tricks'......?

Not sure what you googled, but I just tried and found loads of student insurance. Companies that sell professional products usually ask for evidence of a qualification or evidence of having enrolled on a relevant course. I've never been asked for my insurance policy.

Did your course not provide you with information about student insurance?

Not sure I understand what you mean by 'tricks'......?
Hey,
Thank you for replying.
I have been asked for policy number by Eve Taylor brand for some reason, hence I wanted to find an insurance. I found few insurance providers but when I called them up they said they don’t insure students
By tricks I mean how to choose the policy correctly - should I include goods damage cover, bodily harm ..? I know it may look easy for someone who’s experienced, but I’m pretty confused.

It is confusing your first time!!

I’m with salon gold and they do student insurance.

The extras are up to you really. I don’t have any extras on my insurance as I work from home with just a few clients. You can always add stuff later if you feel you want them.

Link:

https://www.salongold.co.uk/get-a-quote?stage=1

You can also get student insurance with the beauty guild.

There are lots of other companies too but these are just the ones I’ve personally used so can recommend.

What you include in your policy in the way of goods damage, is pretty much down to personal circumstances. If it's high value equipment you may want to insure it, if not then it may be cheaper to buy it yourself rather than to pay the excess.

Don't know about Eve Taylor, that's not my area.

Ask your tutor, they should be able to advise.

It is confusing your first time!!

I’m with salon gold and they do student insurance.

The extras are up to you really. I don’t have any extras on my insurance as I work from home with just a few clients. You can always add stuff later if you feel you want them.

Link:

https://www.salongold.co.uk/get-a-quote?stage=1

You can also get student insurance with the beauty guild.

There are lots of other companies too but these are just the ones I’ve personally used so can recommend.
Hey JCH,
Thank you- this is really useful!! Can I just ask you how much did you pay for your first license ? I received a quote for £34 per annum. Is this about right ? Seems really cheap but it’s pretty basic

Hey JCH,
Thank you- this is really useful!! Can I just ask you how much did you pay for your first license ? I received a quote for £34 per annum. Is this about right ? Seems really cheap but it’s pretty basic

Yep that sounds about right. It is a lot cheaper than you expect it to be :)

Yes Eve Taylor do require proof of insurance and qualifications before you can buy from them.

I know Salon Gold offer student insurance but there are conditions attached, so you can only perform treatments that you have been trained in and deemed competent by your educator. You need to be regularly supervised and ensure clients are aware you aren't qualified. You also can't charge as much. We took this insurance out when my daughter was at college so she could start doing eyelash extension case studies to enable her to qualify.

Yes Eve Taylor do require proof of insurance and qualifications before you can buy from them.

I know Salon Gold offer student insurance but there are conditions attached, so you can only perform treatments that you have been trained in and deemed competent by your educator. You need to be regularly supervised and ensure clients are aware you aren't qualified. You also can't charge as much. We took this insurance out when my daughter was at college so she could start doing eyelash extension case studies to enable her to qualify.
Thank you ! I have decided to wait until i qualify so that I don’t have to buy two insurances in one year.

I
Thank you ! I have decided to wait until i qualify so that I don’t have to buy two insurances in one year.

I don't think you'd have to buy 2 policies, just upgrade from student to qualified from what I remember x

I

I don't think you'd have to buy 2 policies, just upgrade from student to qualified from what I remember x
Actually I have been told by insurance company that they won’t be able to upgrade and I only have 8 weeks till I qualify. I also thought they would be able to upgrade but this wasn’t an option. Perhaps I need to check Salon Gold then!)

Hey girls!
Hope your week started well!
I’ve been told there is an insurance I can get while being a student so I can start practicing on clients ( also buy some of the products not available unless you have insurance)
I looked online but couldn’t find anything. Please could someone help out?
Also if there are any tricks to know about insurance I’d appreciate if you could include so information, too.

Thanks in advance !

I tried to get insurance while I was in college for massage. You can get it but the fine print says you must be supervised by your tutor so it would have been a waste of money as it wouldn’t have been covered anyway. Can’t say for other treatments though.

I tried to get insurance while I was in college for massage. You can get it but the fine print says you must be supervised by your tutor so it would have been a waste of money as it wouldn’t have been covered anyway. Can’t say for other treatments though.
Hey!
Thanks for your reply.
It’s ok I decided to wait until I qualify:)

Hi

I am in the UK and I have student insurance with ABT for the year it costs £25 for a full member I think it is about £70.
When I qualified as a beauty therapist I was a full member and I emailed them all my certs etc. I am currently doing level 3 nails at college so wanted like yourself to be insured so I went back with ABT.
They cater for all types of therapies from nails to hair to hollistic services so you can tailor what you need.

https://www.abtinsurance.co.uk/

I hope this helps and all the best.

Latest posts

Back