Insurance & freebies!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
Anyone know if any of the insurance companies are giving away freebies or doing good deals for mobile therapists at the mo? have had a scout round on the net but nothing really takes my fancy, just wondered who other mobile geeks used and would reccomend, thanks :)

i have my insurance with professional beauty

I have mine with Salon Gold, they were pretty reasonable

Must admit I have never known an Insurance company to do freebies or special offers.
I also am with Professional Beauty, good cover , reasonably priced.

mine is with The Guild, now they were by no means the cheapest, but they were the only ones who would cover me as a student, and now i'm mobile and qualified i just upgraded the policy i had with them

hths x

if you do a serach for insurance you will find loads of threads on the subject hun

happy reading lol xxx

heres a few i found hun

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/59581-insurance-anyone-information.html
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/58118-insurance.html
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/53648-what-insurance-etc-do-i-need-mobile.html

Last edited:
i subscribe to trade mag guild news in this months there is an advert in there from a company ABT (associated beauty therapists) there say they are cheeper than other companys at just £66.75 per year this is with public liability of 2m included they also offer:

• full insurance cover inc public liability
  • free 12month subscription to guild new (which i must say is a great trade mag)
  • free cpd lectures
  • free trade show entry
  • free website listing
  • free business advice
  • free enamel badge and window stickers

this is for a full therapist, nail techs is £40.50 and holistics are £58.35

plus if you join in jan you get all of the above and £10 off all packages:!:
plus all ABT members get 50% discount on pathways beauty and holistic therapy training courses

Associated Irish Therapists - AIT Ireland. Bringing together brand leaders from all areas of the beauty and holistic industry.

hope this helps anyone

Last edited:
thanks for all the info! the reason i asked about freebies is cos babtac used to give you scratch free for a year if you took out insurance with them :)

thanks for all the info! the reason i asked about freebies is cos babtac used to give you scratch free for a year if you took out insurance with them :)

Now that is an excellent freebie!!!!

Kelly and all

REFERENCE: ABT

I know it's sometimes bad form to criticise competition, but factually you need to be aware that ABT's policy;

(a) has a £200 excess - so any small annual savings you make may be wiped out with even a small claim

(b) excludes some claims arising from ‘Error or omission in advice given or treatment undertaken’ and ‘Injury, loss or damage caused by any product used in the treatment or supplied for the aftercare’ – so some claims may not be covered anyway

(c) is what is called a ‘Claims Made’ policy, which covers claims only if made whilst their policy is in force. This means that if and when you decided to stop insuring with them, if a claim came in a few days, weeks, months or even years later, you would be uninsured unless you paid extra to buy what is called ‘run-off’ cover; again, offsetting savings.

The last one is an important one to check with ANY policy you might take out - a Claims Made policy does not offer you the cover that a Claims Occurring one does.

It's also worth looking at other benefits of membership; BABTAC has lots of free and discounted stuff on our website for members (including FREE business seminars in 2008 - worth a look at www.babtac.com/best).

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

hey thanks for the advice philip, you truly do learn something new every day!

Kelly and all

REFERENCE: ABT

I know it's sometimes bad form to criticise competition, but factually you need to be aware that ABT's policy;

(a) has a £200 excess - so any small annual savings you make may be wiped out with even a small claim

(b) excludes some claims arising from ‘Error or omission in advice given or treatment undertaken’ and ‘Injury, loss or damage caused by any product used in the treatment or supplied for the aftercare’ – so some claims may not be covered anyway

(c) is what is called a ‘Claims Made’ policy, which covers claims only if made whilst their policy is in force. This means that if and when you decided to stop insuring with them, if a claim came in a few days, weeks, months or even years later, you would be uninsured unless you paid extra to buy what is called ‘run-off’ cover; again, offsetting savings.

The last one is an important one to check with ANY policy you might take out - a Claims Made policy does not offer you the cover that a Claims Occurring one does.

It's also worth looking at other benefits of membership; BABTAC has lots of free and discounted stuff on our website for members (including FREE business seminars in 2008 - worth a look at www.babtac.com/best).

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

Thanks very much for that i myself am insured with babtac but you dont realise when it looks a great offer but i will make sure i look in to these things better many thanks:)

Hi, I have a brilliant policy with the Beauty Guild and everytime you need any advice quickly you just give the Guild a call and thyre soooo great. Highly reccomended.
I would reccomend that the cheapest isnt always the best and you need to make sure that you also have cover for your equiptment at home as most home policy's dont cover business equiptment and also a policy for your equiptment in the car. Again I have all of mine through the beauty guild as they are reasonably prices and civer everything properly and were highly reccomended to me. Good Luck
Claire x

:smack: mine is with salon gold im insured for both hair and nails great price

Hi,

You can find out more about Guild Membership here.

I know insurance isn't the most exciting subject but you can find, as Philip has stated that some policies differ greatly. We have put together an article on what to look for when choosing an insurance policy, which you can have a read of here.

If you need to know anything else, feel free to send me a PM.

Hi, I have a brilliant policy with the Beauty Guild and everytime you need any advice quickly you just give the Guild a call and thyre soooo great. Highly reccomended.
I would reccomend that the cheapest isnt always the best and you need to make sure that you also have cover for your equiptment at home as most home policy's dont cover business equiptment and also a policy for your equiptment in the car. Again I have all of mine through the beauty guild as they are reasonably prices and civer everything properly and were highly reccomended to me. Good Luck
Claire x

Thaks for that Claire, I'm glad we've been able to help. We are a trade association, not just an insurance company, so we are here to offer help and advice whenever you need it. We are big believers in personal service so we make sure you speak to a human being, and hoepfully get the advice you are after.

Im also insured through the beauty guild Ina policy. Cant fault it.:)
Jen

Latest posts

Back