Insurance question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellesandBows

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this site so I do hope you an help or I am asking in the right place. I am soon to conplete my NVQ level 2 and was hoping this summer to begin working on someone other than family and friends. However, my college tutor ha said certificates won't be available until late september. Does this mean I won't be able to get my insurance until then? Therefore not be able to work mobile on the public?

Thank you in advance x

I can't answer for other insurers but I had to give copies of my certificate to BABTAC - You can have students insurance normally through your training facility though? at least when I did my ITEC training I could :) ITEC takes 6 weeks from your exams to let you know you passed... that is a LOOOOOOOONG 6 weeks let me tell you!!!! :)

I asked this very same question to Salon Gold. They said they didn't need to see the certificates to give you a policy.
You would be insured but would be asked for the certificates if you needed to make a claim.

I had the same thing last year, my certficate did not arrive by the end of August and I needed to get insurance. I went with ABT and had to get a letter from the college stating that I had qualified to Level 3 and in what treatments before they would process my policy.
My certificate did not turn up until March last year due to some admin error, grr.
HTH

Hi,

I can't speak for other insurers but for a policy with the Guild you can ask the college for a tutor's letter which states that you have qualified and are awaiting certificates, on completion of your NVQ 2. This will be valid for insurance but we still require copies of certificates once they have been recieved.

Thank you for all your replies! That is brilliant! Thought I would have a long wait ahead of me!xx

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I am about to do the training for eyelash extensions, once I have done the course I need to do some case studies and send them in before I qualify.

How does insurance work worth regards to this as I obviously need to be insured to do the case studies, but wouldn't be qualified until I have done them. Seems like a catch 22!

Latest posts

Back