Insurance - skin conditions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrownL22

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on their policy with insurers for treating skin conditions? i’ve spoken to Insync this morning and they’ve told me it’s difficult to find an insurer who will allow you to treat acne/breakout prone or rosacea?
This baffles me as many therapists treat these skin conditions!?
Advise please or name your current insurer
Thanks

If you can prove that you have the training it shouldn't be a problem to get the insurance, You will probably have to supply extra certificates, so long as you make its clear that you are not a skin doctor, you can't *treat* but you can advise... if you *advise* and assist in improving the skin, but you aren't saying it will definitely cure it then the client can't sue you. that's what the insurance companies are scared of.

Hank
If you can prove that you have the training it shouldn't be a problem to get the insurance, You will probably have to supply extra certificates, so long as you make its clear that you are not a skin doctor, you can't *treat* but you can advise... if you *advise* and assist in improving the skin, but you aren't saying it will definitely cure it then the client can't sue you. that's what the insurance companies are scared of.

Thank you for your reply.
Would you mind sharing with me your insure?

Latest posts

Back