Insurance won't cover table damage!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmatthews1985

Reaction score
Hi im a level 2 beauty therapy student and have just finished the course and awaiting certification.
Ive found the course really interesting and picked everything up very quickly, however felt i needed more practice with manicure and pedicure.
So i decided to start a beauty group on facebook to get some clients to practice on which was going very well. . . . .
until a friend i was in school with contacted me asking for treatments,i went round to her house and did a pedicure each for her and her husband which was fine,i explained i wasnt FULLY quailified but have got student insurance. i didnt do a written consultation just questioned them as was just doing it for practice and only charged for products.

They were happy with the treatments and asked me back again to do pedi for husband and mani and file and polish on toes for her.
i set up in the living room did pedicure for him with paraffin wax then was ready to do her treatments,she was very pregnant and asked if we should move into the dining room,i only had towels to cover the table with me so said it was up to her.
did her treatments at the dining table,packed up my stuff,checked there was no mess and left.
next morning she text me saying there was mark on her dining table,i rang the insurance and it wouldnt be covered as there should of been a plastic sheet over table.
went to look at mark its about size of 50p but table is oak veneer,husband said his mate would prob fix it for free.she is then texting me saying she has been quoted £100+ and they want me to pay it asap!
now they have both been texting me abusive messages and threatening to take me to court.
i only charged them £35 for the file and polish,luxury manicure and luxury pedicure and have offered to pay half for the damage to the table.

any suggestions??????

If you believe you caused the damage then it is your responsibility to get the table repaired. You don't have to accept their quote you can get one of your own. Got to suck it up I'm afraid ... you should have put down the plastic cover and why you think they are responsible for half of the damage I don't quite understand.

Are you sure you damaged it? You said you looked over before you left?

But yes, i agree. If you damaged it, you'll need to pay for it. Not much fun i know but one of the many joys of working in / on someone elses property. Hope you get it sorted soon xxxx

You do bear the responsibility for the repair simply because you allowed her to talk you into what amounts to "using her equipment". So chalk it up to a lesson learned. Unfortunately, a lot of us have those moments at one time or another.

Latest posts

Back