Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatabeauty

Reaction score
Me again,Lol
i am a 2nd year beauty student (when i go back in september), and i've started to get a few clients. I've just rang Batac to get insurance and they won't insure me without certificates, i won't get these til the end of my second year. The lady on the phone said i need something from the tutor to say i've completed the modules, but i've asked her this before (the tutor) to show clients i've done it, but she said i won't get anything til i've completed the whole 2 year course, i've completed, manicure, pedicure, eyelash tint, eyelash perm, waxing, all i have left is facials and make up to complete in my 2nd year. Would this be the same for nail extensions i've passed but i'm waiting for my certifiacte, which is due to arrive hopefully in september, i want to get out there before i lose confidence, but i don't want to practice til i have insurance, will public liability be enough? Will it cover me for contra-actions, spillages etc.

thanking you again xx

Have you looked into getting student insurance? It's meant to cover you for case studies so you could say your clients are just practice and paying towards the cost of your product & travel. As far as I know you'll need to hold a full qualification to get public liability insurace. Try looking around some of the beauty guilds and federations, I'm sure some of them offer student insurance.

Latest posts

Back