Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twotooty2fruity

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well.

Well things are coming along slowly but surely with my salon. But i keep hitting obsticles!! I finally got my mum to ring up her house insurers, and was under the impression that just letting them know would be fine, and maybe paying a bit extra, but they have said they won't insure her if i do open up!! so what do i do?? Do you guys know any companies that are fine with this?
Also, she lives on the ground floor of a block of flats, and pays maintanence, part of which goes towards building insurance, do i need to let them know? or can i just go to a company and get completely seperate insurance?
I'm really enjoying the planning, as long as everything is going smoothly!! :o

Thanks. ;)

Hi
It's frustrating when you hit these problems :evil:

Our contents insurance is through More Than - and whilst I'm not covered if someone fell down the stairs on their way out if they are a 'customer' (but I am if they're a friend or visitor ;)) , I'm covered for accidental damage etc. to my contents - and they are aware I run my nail business from home - without any extra premium.

Their insurance was also the most competitive when we shopped around last year - so we got a double shot of good luck !

Give them a try - they're really nice to deal with too

HTH

Hiya Hon

I am with Direct Line and when I let them know a week ago that I would be setting up shop at home they said no probs, made a note of it on my file, checked what kind of money I would be keeping on premesis, if clients have access to other areas of house etc and then said no extra charge!

Pretty much same as the last post I am not covered if they fall etc.

When I took my nail course our tutor was a nail tech also working purely from home (other than the teaching). She recommended her insurers to us.;
Proffesional Beauty Insurance 01622 740040
Would be very interested to hear how they quote you & good luck with your new venture.
Sonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back