insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, I apologise for having so many posts on here but thought it would be better to separate them as they are all about different subjects!

Ive had a quote from Salon Gold for insurance, and just wanted to see what you think of it..

1st annual premium os £65.10 and covers/ doesnt cover...(try to keep it brief)...

• employers liabilty (none) - not needed as not employing anyone
  • public liability -YES £2million3rd party property damage excess: £50
  • Products liability -YES : 2 million - Is this necessary as im only doing manicures and pedicures? Im considering possibly retailing some products if clients request them..
  • Do you have a wriiten health & safety policy that is recorded, signed, dated etc? NO - not needed is it? Im working for myself and will be mobile - only going to clients homes. Ive rang my local council and dont need a licence from them although they are calling me back to give more advice...
  • Do you have an accident book to record all incidents? - No - do i need this? Hadnt considered this tbh!
  • Equipment: excess £100. Sum insured: £1000 - is this worth me having? I was thinking of it in case of theft from home or car...although im going to ring them as not sure it does cover this - think it may just be for accidental loss or damage
Sorry - tried to keep it short but that hasnt happened! Does the above sound like all i should need or is there anything else missing? And what do you think of the quote?

And last question - gonna sound really stupid now! They have me down as a freelance nail technician - is this right? Im only doing manicures and pedicures atm but everytime i read about a nail tech they tend to offer extensions too - so am i still classed as a nail tech?!!!

you can get nail insurance through BABTAC for about £45 a year and you get the scratch magazine FREE monthly as ell as the vitality mag. Its a really good deal

thanks - do you have a website for them?..:green:

think i just found their website from another post. Im going to give them a ring tommorow. They seem to offer a lot! Does the £45 membership fee cover the insurance and all the other membership benefits?

What sort of cover do they offer?

Also take a look at Professional Beauty Insurance!! They have good offers!! Some threads on here about them also!! HTH :)

Latest posts

Back