Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybabe

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Can anyone tell me if insuring with Professional beauty direct do you get a free magazine, also do thay let you use letters after your name. What benefits do you get being with them?

beautybabe ;)

beautybabe said:
Hi Geeks,

Can anyone tell me if insuring with Professional beauty direct do you get a free magazine, also do thay let you use letters after your name. What benefits do you get being with them?

beautybabe ;)
You do not get a free magazine when you insure with Professional Beauty Direct (well if you do, i want to know where mine is!!!). I dont know if its up to them whether you use letters after your name: if you have a qualification then surely you are entitled to put those letters after your name. Do you mean that or do you mean can you use their name in some way?

Hi there, I think the best insurances are through either the ANT or the Guild of Beauty Therapists. I had my insurance with Prof Nails last year and they didn't even ask to see a qualification certificate which always troubled me?! you certainly don't get a free mag with them (see my recent rant about them!) and they offer very little so if I were you I wouldn't waste my money on either their insurance or a magazine subscription and I'd go with a more professional outfit like the two mentioned above and as far as mags go I'd subscribe to Scratch, it's well worth it!. J xx

Carole Lindsay said:
You do not get a free magazine when you insure with Professional Beauty Direct (well if you do, i want to know where mine is!!!). I dont know if its up to them whether you use letters after your name: if you have a qualification then surely you are entitled to put those letters after your name. Do you mean that or do you mean can you use their name in some way?
Hi Carol,

If you look at insurance companies like fht they have ifhb or icht you can use, this is what i meant to say really. To me it just looks more professional on your business card.
Im after an insurance company for both nails & beauty, thats not too expensive with free a free magazine & corporate advertising. Any suggestions?

beautybabe

Hi Beautybabe,

Take a look at this website, http://www.beautyguild.com/ I'm not sure if they fit all your criteria but they do the whole package for beauty and nails, I attended their offices for an interview early this year and was very impressed by how professional they were. J xx

Hi Jo,

Thanks for that, ill have a good look at their website, does a.n.t have a website or phone number so i can make a few enquiries.

Thanks for your help :)
Laura

Hi there Laura,

These are the details:-

Association of Nail Technicians
Alexander House
Forehill
Ely
Cambs
CB7 4ZA
Tel: 01353 665577

I trust they are correct, I found them on the net!

J xx

Jo Jo said:
Hi there, I think the best insurances are through either the ANT or the Guild of Beauty Therapists. I had my insurance with Prof Nails last year and they didn't even ask to see a qualification certificate which always troubled me?! ............................I'd go with a more professional outfit like the two mentioned above and as far as mags go I'd subscribe to Scratch, it's well worth it!. J xx

I hope I'm not rocking the boat here or anything, just thought that beautybabe might be interested in the following;

Professional Beauty Direct and the insurance from the ANT are both arranged with the same insurance company! They are called Woodgate & Partners Ltd, they are in Maidstone, Kent. I am already insured with Professional Beauty Direct for other treatments, and I thought I'd enquire with them as to wether I am covered for the nail extensions. Here is the reply I got:

• "Thank you for your e mail. Our cover is confirmed as long as you have
    qualified in the treatment you are doing.

We do not not specify where you obtain the qualification as long as you have
    attended a course and have gained a certificate or diploma at the end to say
    you are qualified to carry out that treatment.

You do not have to actually have to have received your certificate but in
    the event of a claim we would need some proof that this you have passed the
    course in question."
I hope this helps you. Personally, it still doesn't answer whether the course I did is actually recognised by them, and I am waiting for them to phone me to confirm this, after I left a message with them at the weekend. If you join the ANT you will get the Professional Beauty Direct mag included in membership, the insurance is separate. Plus you say you want to be insured for other treatments. The Professional Beauty Direct insurance covers loads and loads of treatments (as long as you have those certificates!), ANT insurance is extra cost for extra treatments to be covered.

I hope I've helped here. I have no opinion on the mags yet as I haven't subscribed (sending off my application for ANT today!) but I've seen one copy of SCrATCH and I found it so absorbing I couldn't put it down!

Hi

I am a member of ANT and The Guild of Prof Beauty Therapists but have my insurance through The Guild. My membership allows me to use the MGPBT letters after my name (think this is what you were asking?). The Guild magazine is also included although its mainly beauty and not very indepth nails coverage. I actually spoke to Lynne Archer at The Guild before I joined to confirm my nails qualification was acceptable and had to fax them a copy of my certificate as proof (I also had to do the same for ANT). The Guild also have a technical helpline and they were great when I recently had a health and safety question regarding my new salon. Although they couldnt answer my question straight away someone phoned me back the same day with the info I needed! Well worth looking into.

Shaza

Latest posts

Back