Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to ask a question about insurance, once your have your insurance are you insured then to use any product even if you haven't done a conversion course with said product ?? or do you have to let your insurance company know what product you are using ??? Thanx :)

Hi there, when i finished my vtct nail course at my local college, i recieved a leaflet about insurance with my certificate. They didn't ask what products i was using, just which treatments i was qualified to do, the insurance for 1 yr was about £58, If you want some more info let me know and i will have a proper look.

Hey just noticed your from Rochdale, i live in Radcliffe and did my course ant Bury college. I work full time at Fairfield Hospital and do nails on my days off so i don't have a business to insure, just public liability which insures me for any damage that may be caused to other people or their property. Would love to do nails full time but due to the recession it isn't feasible at the moment.

Hi Kara I used to work at Birchill Hospital in Rochdale till I had an accident which causes me a lot of problems I was told I was a danger to a patient and could no longer do nursing god I was so upset, but I love doing nails so something good as come out of it. :)

Annabet thats awful, i love doing nails too but can't afford to give up work to go full time so i just do it on my days off.

Hiya with my insurance i just had to send them my certificates to them of my nails and all the other treatments i am quailfied in and they told me if i wanted to do any other courses i could ring them to find out if i am covered for that treatment on my policy

Hi the reason I wanted to know is if you have passed with say Nsi, then decide to try say the edge and like this instead but on your insurance when you sent your passes through it only shows the one product which would be nsi used are you then ok to use the new product on customers ??
Now what if something happened with a client while using a product you haven't converted to would your insurance be void ??
I am asking these questions as I know a few people now who are looking into using different products but haven't done conversions so are they covered or not ??
There is a lot of newbies doing this and some don't even know what a conversion is, so I wanted to know so I could tell them as to be honest I am not sure myself. Thanx :)

I would check the small print in your current insurance schedule.... but from what I can remember its the system that is certified not a product....
If you hold the relevant qulification then it should and I say should not matter whos product you are using. But a quick call to your insurers should enlighten you more.

Latest posts

Back