Intense Seal... Intense Pain in the Butt!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roseblanc

Reaction score
I've been using IBD's Intense Seal for a while now, and rarely have problems with it. However, for the past two weeks no matter WHAT I do (be it gel, acrylic, natural nails, nail polish or any form of art) the Intense Seal peels off in less than 24 hours!! I don't get it. I've never seen anything like this! Is it possible that maybe it's just 'gone bad' (so to speak). Has this happened to anyone before? It's driving me up a wall!!!

Is it your lamp???

Hi Roseblanc:

I used to use IBD sealer and intense sealer and had to stop working with it because the IBD sealer wasnt drying properly and the intense sealer was drying but after a couple of days clients will come back to show how discolourd it turned. I was getting very annoyed about it as I spoke to the company asking them if they changed any chemicals in the products as this problem never happened in 8 years I've been working with it but they came back saying that they tested the products and there was no problem with it and nobody else had this problem before. So I decided to stop working with it as it was taking a lot of my time when I had to redo clients top coats again, losing another 5 or ten minutes of another clients appointment trying to rectify this problem. I still work with IBD gel system though as I think its a good product to work with.

Is it your lamp???

I don't think my lamp is my problem, I have no problem curing gel nails at all. I did my own gel nails yesterday and they came out completely cured and beautiful. The problem seems to lie with the actual Intense Seal itself. I'm so sad I could cry...lol. I just LOVE the glass finish it leaves on nails. I also have Nailite's SealIt - but it leaves a very dull finish I find.

i had this last year too... changed my bulbs didnt work. no help from the warehouse, they hadnt got a clue, so i changed to glaze and go or miracle shine and snow monkey depending on the client.

Oh my gosh!!! I used this sealer stuff on my very first client last night and I had a phone call this morning to say it had chipped off on her thumb. I gave her gel overlays on her natural nail, followed by a two tone airbrush design, I sealed the design with the sealer varnish (medea) and then applied this intense seal, cured it under my new UV light and she washed her hands to wash the overspray off.

Anyways, to cut a long story short, I went back today and saw that her design had chipped off on several of her fingers. I had to file the design off and start the airbrush design again. I have used it again on her but checked and double checked that none of the gel was on the side walls. Have I done something wrong?

I have qualified in gels, acrylic, maintenance, airbrush and nail art.

Thanks xx

I wouldn't use a gel-topcoat on an airbrush design which is covering the whole nail. The gel cannot attach to a surface like that.
At least that's what I have experience with:hug: I just use a good quality topcoat as CND- super shiney or likewise...

Latest posts

Back