Intensive Driving Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Garfield*

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have been learning to drive (on and off!) since I was 17, and have failed my test twice. Up until last week I hadnt driven for 3 years, but now I really want to do it and have been driving my hubbys car locally and am driving fine, I just need to brush up on my parking and reversing:eek:.

I have been looking at doing an intensive driving course (over a week or two) as I will find it hard to fit in a 2hour lesson every week, and to be honest I cant be doing with the stress!:irked:

I wanted to know if any of you had any experience of these courses, what do you think of them, :idea:are they worth the money? :rolleyes:Did you pass?:)Who did you do the course with etc....

By happy coincidence my Other Half is a driving instructor. He's just starting off at the moment, but I think he's bloody good at what he does!!! He doesn't just show peeps what to do he goes into the 'why' as well.

I sometimes think it's good to try out different instructors, rather than stick with just the one that you've always used, as sometimes they'll put something in a different way and it just 'clicks' if you see what I mean.

I've never actually tried an intensive course, but I would imagine that it'd be very good.

Best of luck anyway! :hug:

i did a week intensive course and i was 8 months pregnant so it was really hard work for me as 9-5 driving just knackered me out but i am so glad i did it i passed first time.

My other half is going to do the same when we have the money in the same town, i live in wellingborough and it is known as one of the easiest places round here to do it. It was with an indipentent driving school and it was a family business.

I'd reccomend it to anyone xx

Sounds good, I think I will save up for a couple of months and go for it! Did you feel confident enough to drive on your own aftrwards Kirsty?:hug:

Hi Sharron

Go for it mate:) I would, if you are going to save up for a couple of months then that gives you a bit of time to keep with the practicing, and then you will be ready to go for it!!
You will be fine mate, best of luck:hug:

This something that i am wanting to do too Sharron, have you managed to find a course in yorkshire or nearby ?

Sounds good, I think I will save up for a couple of months and go for it! Did you feel confident enough to drive on your own aftrwards Kirsty?:hug:

Totally my mum was petrified lol as i was pregnant as well but i couldn't wait to get my little old driving instructor out the car and wizz off lol :hug:

Good luck hun xx

i passed my driving test 3 weeks ago after having 1 lesson a week since last oct and driving hubby's car too.

i always wanted to do a intensive course didn't want to be waiting around learning and thought i would be better. TBH i'm glad i took my time as really it was the years road experience that made all the difference not the driving. in your case you have been driving already so know the basics i started knowing nothing so yes for you this type of course can help but don't think they are for young 17 kids who i think do need road experience for at least a year.

go for it anyway i must say it has made such a difference to me i can't believe i waited till i was 27 to start. plus with the kids you'll notice the difference.
:hug:

Latest posts

Back