Interested in one day becoming a beauty salon owner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjagoe

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site. I have recently decided that I am interested in one day owning my own salon. I currently have my Bachelor's in Finance, and have a business background in accounting. However, this field is just not for me! I love to be around people, love to stay trendy and up to day, and am extremely ambitious and hard working, which makes me think that with my business background and personal qualities, with some hard work I could make a great salon owner. Right now I am pursuing getting my cosmetology license. Lincoln tech, located in RI has an 18 month program of night classes to get my license, during which i can still work full time.
I also have a friend that owns a salon, and has offered to let me work part time to get some experience under my belt once I get enrolled in school. I am just curious from all of you what you suggest as far as other steps to take, how difficult it is to get a business loan. Right now I am just about to turn 24, and would like to have a successful salon by the time I am 30, how feasible does everyone think this is? My first goal is to obtain my license, and get some experience, and as far as the specifics go, those would come in the next two years. Your advice and suggestions are more than welcome!

My friend told me that there are three things you need to be successful, you have to be cute, you have to be good with people, and you have to know what you're doing. Does everyone agree? :green:

Latest posts

Back