Interesting fact! Remy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keinyt92

Reaction score
I was really shocked to find out last week when doing my hair extension course that many people claim they use Remy hair when infact it's just the normal 100% human processed hair we usually buy. Remy hair is really rare and expensive to get hold of as its cut from an individual's head so that each hair cuticle is running in the same direction. We're as the 100% human hair (processed) we buy is cut from many heads and goes through lots of processing to get it the colours we need. Really opened my eyes and just wanted to share with those who might not have known. Xx

I don't know the truth in that.. Unless you're buying really cheap Chinese hair off eBay I'm pretty sure what you're getting is remy. If it's not remy you'll notice really bad tangling pretty much instantly, let alone 3-4 months down the line, even most people's 'cheap budget' ranges will last that long! So maybe the place you trained with were trying to pitch their own hair? X

I honestly couldn't say but I also researched the definition of Remy hair on Google and it 2ND what I was told on my course and no the course wasn't pitching haha x

I sold extensions wholesale to salons for a few years and still have friends that do it.
I found that I could ask 10 stylists the definition of Remy and get 10 different answers.

What you're saying is true but I think it depends on each persons idea of expensive. I could fit a full head of Indian remy hair (without any profit) for £95. To me that's dirt cheap anyway.. I'm talking like when you pay £35 for a full heads worth of human hair from eBay.. That would not be remy

What you're saying is true but I think it depends on each persons idea of expensive. I could fit a full head of Indian remy hair (without any profit) for £95. To me that's dirt cheap anyway.. I'm talking like when you pay £35 for a full heads worth of human hair from eBay.. That would not be remy
So out of curiosity how would you define Remy?
I mean this honestly not trying to start a war :)

I quest everyone has there own option then just sharing mine.. didn't realise you could buy it that cheap.. guess in that case you obviously get what you pay for x

So out of curiosity how would you define Remy?
I mean this honestly not trying to start a war :)
Cuticles all running in the same direction?

Latest posts

Back