Interesting facts - did you know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know...

The theme to "Only Fools and Horses" was not not sung by Chas n Dave, as often believed. It was actually sung by John Sullivan - the writer of the series.

Did you know....

In your lifetime you shed about 40lbs worth of skin!

Did you know....

Eek!! Surprised its not been used for nail art like snake skin!
Vicki xx

Did you know....

And the majority of household dust is dead skin cells

Did ya know...

Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You", was written and originally recorded by Dolly Parton in 1974?

Dolly Parton entered a Dolly Parton look alike competition as a laugh whilst touring - she didn't win :eek:..... saw this in an interview on the Jay Leno show.

Did you know if you eat enough carrots you will turn orange

Better hope not too many people read this or it could put a damper on my spray tanning business :eek:

Anyone remember sunny delight?? This was linked to people turning orange due to the colourings used in it!!

My sense of humour is awful, I now have "oompa-loompa dippidy doo..." going round in my head! Lol

Incidentally I call my ex husbands new girlfriend the oompa loompa! And I've taught my kids the song! Ha!! ;-)

Did you know that only a queen bee can sting you over and over and not die!

Maybe not interesting but a fact nevertheless lol :)

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

Did you know that just like everything else liquorice should be eaten in moderation. I read this recently.

Toxicity

Excessive consumption of liquorice or liquorice candy is known to be toxic to the liver[28] and cardiovascular system, and may produce hypertension[29] and edema.[30] In occasional cases blood pressure has increased with excessive consumption of liquorice tea, but such occasions are rare and reversible when the herb is withdrawn.[31] Most cases of hypertension from liquorice were caused by eating too much concentrated liquorice candy.[32] Doses as low as 50 grams (2 oz) of liquorice daily for two weeks can cause a significant rise in blood pressure.[33]
The European Commission 2008 report suggested that “people should not consume any more than 100mg of glycyrrhizic acid a day, for it can raise blood pressure or cause muscle weakness, chronic fatigue, headaches or swelling, and lower testosterone levels in men.”:eek: Haribo, manufacturer of Pontefract cakes, stated: “Haribo advises, as with any other food, liquorice products should be eaten in moderation.” A 56-year-old Yorkshire woman was hospitalized after liquorice overdose (200 grams or 7 ounces a day), which caused muscle failure. The hospital restored her potassium levels, by intravenous drip and tablets, allowing her to recover after 4 days.[34]
Comparative studies of pregnant women suggest that excessive amounts of liquorice (500mg a week) may also adversely affect both IQ and behaviour traits of offspring.[35]

I'm sure I heard on the radio the other day that there are more pigs in the world than Americans!

It's been a while since this thread appeared but did you know...

If putting out dry bread for the birds, especially at this time of year it is important to moisten the bread as the young chicks can choke on dry bread:eek:!! Also bread is an empty filler for birds with very little nutrition so limit the amount of bread you put out.

It's been a while since this thread appeared but did you know...

If putting out dry bread for the birds, especially at this time of year it is important to moisten the bread as the young chicks can choke on dry bread:eek:!! Also bread is an empty filler for birds with very little nutrition so limit the amount of bread you put out.

So they won't like my rock hard biscuits I baked and threw out in the garden! Lol

A spiders blood is transparent!

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oooh and if you keep a goldfish in the dark, it will eventually turn white :)

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Had a bit of time to myself and have re-read through some of these and if you want a laugh I would urge you to read through them too. I'm talking about the posts in this thread from Gr8nailz and Jacquelineanna, The pair of them are hilarious. They have really made me laugh.

In the UK you can pee in a policemans hat if you are pregnant!! If you ask they must oblige! & it's also not illegal to pee in a public place when pregnant!

This isn't really true it's just a myth. My dad is a police man I asked him about it once and he looked Into it at work for me haha!

LolliDolli💋

Latest posts

Back