Interesting Videos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw these a while ago...bit yukky!!!

I have seen these too, its awful.

Awful aren't they - makes my toes go all curly just watching

Wow, a real eye opener. Every nail tech should see that.

I just moved to the UK and don't know how it is here but it's been that way for years in Texas in the US. The place I went to in Houston for a pedicure I have witnessed several women walk out in a huff because they couldn't get the credo blade used.

You should have saved these for Halloween Carl....scared the beejesus out of me :eek:

shocking....i bet theres so much going on that we won't know or hear about.

i don't know why anyone would want to work in unsanitary conditions or use banned products/equipment.

for the first time i am lost for words.........:eek:

OMG I dont even have any words that i could say i am just so shocked

that makes me not even want to go get a pedi. Thank God the place i go to I know is safe.

No wonder or industry is fighting to survivr with all the do it at home and catch a virus issues you see everywhere. By far there is more bad than good exposed

This is why I NEVER get pedicures. I always do my own feet and if I do need a polish change I bring my own foot files and cuticles nippers and never put my foot in those fungus infested tubs!

Those tapes are INFURIATING... it just makes me soooooo angry!

Why don't they change the entire DESIGN of those foot tubs? It's only COMMON SENSE. Salons are NEVER going to care enough to properly sanitize the filters etc of those tubs and it's difficult to sanitize those tubs and filters properly.

Why not make tubs where you just rest your feet on a metal bar (suspended in the air a few inches above the tub bottom) with sprays of water flowing on your feet out of a clean fountain (like a water fountain) where your feet are NEVER submerged in water and dirty filters? This way your feet will still get wet and soak SAFELY with NO need to submerge them into fungus tubs!!!!

The only thing you would need to disinfect is that metal bar your feet touched... MUCH easier to clean that than an entire tub and filters!!!

Anybody here use these disposable plastic tub liners???

Click this link:
Dr. Carolyn Disposable Tub Liners, 10 Pack :: Foot Health :: Skincare/Nailcare :: Pedicure :: FootSmart

They should make this the law and mandatory! Those foot tubs are the #1 place to contract (very difficult to get rid of) toenail fungus! I have a friend who got toenail fungus from a single visit to high class 5 star salon (took her an entire year to get rid of the nail fungus)... those tubs are just way to risky I don't care how clean the salon claims to be.

Thats why I still use the good old fashioned non porus washing up bowl in my salon it can be washed bleached and disinfected after each use .and even better now we can buy bowl liners from elisons and aston and fincher.
I always use disposeable buffers and files and throw away after each use I always have I would be surprised in everyone else doesen't.
As for stainless steel implements I have an autoclave but thats how I was Taught way back in the 90s

Ruby

Its pretty grim isnt it!!!!

Ive got a Footsie Spa with liners, but the footbath is always thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between clients!

Eeeeeewwwww grosse :eek:

OH WOW never thought it was that disgusting yuk yuk yuk. But saying that, I went to a nail bar years ago before I trained as a nail tech, and the owners were from Thailand and had worked in the USA. I could not believe my eyes when the tech got a piece of paper out of the BIN to wipe my nail plate as she did not have tissue near by, then after me, she did no sterilize her tools at all!! I never went back ever again, but they are still doing the same nasties today, I here further horror stories and cannot believe they are still in business, there is also a rumour they use MMA?:irked:

There should be inspectors who do spot checks on a regular basis, then everyone would be on their toes and the professional nail industry would have a better reputation as these shoddy nail techs are giving us a bad reputation, and charging low prices that draws clients in, who do not have a clue why they are so cheap, but dont care as having cheap cheap nails:grr:

This is why I NEVER get pedicures. I always do my own feet and if I do need a polish change I bring my own foot files and cuticles nippers and never put my foot in those fungus infested tubs!

Those tapes are INFURIATING... it just makes me soooooo angry!

Why don't they change the entire DESIGN of those foot tubs? It's only COMMON SENSE. Salons are NEVER going to care enough to properly sanitize the filters etc of those tubs and it's difficult to sanitize those tubs and filters properly.

Why not make tubs where you just rest your feet on a metal bar (suspended in the air a few inches above the tub bottom) with sprays of water flowing on your feet out of a clean fountain (like a water fountain) where your feet are NEVER submerged in water and dirty filters? This way your feet will still get wet and soak SAFELY with NO need to submerge them into fungus tubs!!!!

The only thing you would need to disinfect is that metal bar your feet touched... MUCH easier to clean that than an entire tub and filters!!!
There are plenty of salons/therapists that do care about proper sanition. It is possible to sanitise foot spas properly, it's just some places care more about $$$ than standards. That's why it is so important to be aware of hygiene issues and be careful in your salon choice.
There's nothing better then a great professional pedicure (not the type you get at NSS).

The second video shows a hand treatment and mentions that buffers blocks should never be used on more than one client and can't be sanitised. I only use buffer blocks on the finished nail and not on the natural nail (which I am sure lots of people do). I certainly don't use a new one for each client. Am I wrong to do this?

I use only new or sanitised tools on the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back