Internet bullying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced this? We keep getting emails from, well, someone we used to call a friend, we blocked him on our email but he uses allsorts of other addresses to blatently harass us and insult us. I won't go into all the gory details but he accused us of lieing about a very personal matter, even though he was proven wrong, he still sends us abuse. Sometimes we reply, I know we shouldn't but its not allways that easy when he is saying such horrible stuff about us and our family.

Im not sure I can take much more, we have saved all his emails, don't know what to do:cry:

I would try and contact his ISP (internet service provider) and see if can be resolved that way.

Failing that I would go to the police and see if they can help.

HTH

Rachel xxx

Try changing your e-mail address. He can't send e-mails if he dosent have your addy. Just a thought. hth. xx Failing that report him to the police- he is harrassing you.
:hug:

Changing your e-mail address has to be the way to go I would have thought. Failing that it does have to be a police matter. Sorry to hear you're getting such a load of grief. Have a :hug: and I hope you manage to sort it.

Hun, contact the Police, similar thing happened to me from my previous employer...

Trust me police will do jack. I had this from a girl I used to live with she somehow hacked into my account and sent e-mails pretending to be me to my work saying I wanted to quit, my landlord saying I wanted to leave and all my friends saying all kinds of rubbish.

How I found out when my landlord turned up on the doorstep one night to collect my keys!

Honestly it almost runied my life and was awful and the police they did absolutly nothing because it was "very complicated to track what computer it came from"

My advice to you is to change your account and tell all your friends, but honestly I know how you feel I really do! :hug:

Changing your own email addy would work, but its a bit of a hassle having to update all your contacts again. Of course if he finds out your new email addy, the circle starts again.

If all these emails are coming from the same basic email addy, ie, [email protected] - [email protected] - [email protected] you can contact the isp and report the abuse. You can also block all mail coming from bomden.co.uk if you're sure that nothing of importance is gonna come from one of its addresses.

If the emails are coming from all different types of addy, ie, [email protected] - [email protected] - [email protected] You could use Mailwasher to view the mail while its still on the server (before it gets to your pc) if its from him, just bounce it back to him as soon as he sends it. If he constantly uses the same kind of language, uses particular words repeatedly, ie, 'lying' 'thieving' 'basta**' etc, etc, you can make up rules in Mailwasher, and Mailwasher will automatically bounce these messages back to him. You wont even have to read them.

Changing your own email addy would work, but its a bit of a hassle having to update all your contacts again. Of course if he finds out your new email addy, the circle starts again.

If all these emails are coming from the same basic email addy, ie, [email protected] - [email protected] - [email protected] you can contact the isp and report the abuse. You can also block all mail coming from bomden.co.uk if you're sure that nothing of importance is gonna come from one of its addresses.

If the emails are coming from all different types of addy, ie, [email protected] - [email protected] - [email protected] You could use Mailwasher to view the mail while its still on the server (before it gets to your pc) if its from him, just bounce it back to him as soon as he sends it. If he constantly uses the same kind of language, uses particular words repeatedly, ie, 'lying' 'thieving' 'basta**' etc, etc, you can make up rules in Mailwasher, and Mailwasher will automatically bounce these messages back to him. You wont even have to read them.

Thanks everyone kinda had an idea the police wouldn't be able to help and Seanny yes he uses multiple different emails, I know he has multiple computers in his home aswell, which makes it harder. Ill have a go with mailwasher. We could change emails but with 2 businesses running from them, its very difficult, apart from that its change isp which is my last resort

I think you should still contact the police. Even if they can't do anything at the moment, they'll have it on record, so if he does it to anyone else, they'll know about him. If you see what I mean.
Also they keep records of how much crime is commited in different areas. That's how the govt know where problems are and can bring out new laws to deal with them. If nobody ever reported anything, nothing would ever get done.

I think you should still contact the police. Even if they can't do anything at the moment, they'll have it on record, so if he does it to anyone else, they'll know about him. If you see what I mean.
Also they keep records of how much crime is commited in different areas. That's how the govt know where problems are and can bring out new laws to deal with them. If nobody ever reported anything, nothing would ever get done.

As with text messages,unless your safety is at risk and a threat has been made they can't press charges.

However they nay contact them and have a quiet word hth's

As with text messages,unless your safety is at risk and a threat has been made they can't press charges.

However they nay contact them and have a quiet word hth's

Honestly they won't contact him even for a quiet word, they wouldn't for me, I took print outs of e-mails and everything - nothing.

I think unless you are physically attacked they won't do anything. In some ways I think this kind of abuse hurts more.

Report it so they have records but honestly I doubt they will do anything.!

In that case it depends which station,we are in west yorkshire.

I won't go into details,but a couple of weeks ago my dad had something similar and they got in touch and warned them off.

Worth a try hth's

I'd flag the culprit as spam and have nothing more to do with him/her......and I would not respond to any messages.....this person is getting what they want out of you ....to get you irritated/worked up......if you ignore and move on they will eventually get tired and move on themselves ....some peeps are just sad human beings and try to make everyone around them as misrable as they are .....don't waste your time on it ....

In that case it depends which station,we are in west yorkshire.

I won't go into details,but a couple of weeks ago my dad had something similar and they got in touch and warned them off.

Worth a try hth's

Really - I was in West Yorkshire at the time might be different areas different rules.

I don't know hun,i did say they may contact them,not sure they always do,it may depend on how bad it is and also who you speak to.

I have no idea other than the recent experience.

Either way i hope you both get it sorted asap x

Let me see if I get this straight, in the UK you can't press charges for harassment??????????????

That sounds nuts.

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced this? We keep getting emails from, well, someone we used to call a friend, we blocked him on our email but he uses allsorts of other addresses to blatently harass us and insult us. I won't go into all the gory details but he accused us of lieing about a very personal matter, even though he was proven wrong, he still sends us abuse. Sometimes we reply, I know we shouldn't but its not allways that easy when he is saying such horrible stuff about us and our family.

Im not sure I can take much more, we have saved all his emails, don't know what to do:cry:

Go and see a solicitor and get some advise - I wish you well as its quite shocking what people think they can get away with on the internet :eek:

Hope you sort this out very soon

Sounds like Seanny knows how to deal with this, clever little geek!:lol:
Perhaps the police won't do anything but it would be worth while reporting it to get it on record. If this person is as persistent as he is, he obviously has no life, what will he move on to next?
Yep, I say report him, and take up Sheanny's advice.

I really hope you get this sorted, but for now don't give him anymore ammunition, just totally ignore anything that he sends. He wants a reaction.

Here's a :hug: .

Hi, I am sorry that you are experinecing something like this. I am not sure if this would work but might be an idea. If you get bullyed on the telephone, you can report it to your telephone company and they can track the person down and then you should be able to press charges. Well same way if you would contact to your internet provider, they might be able to help you and at least monitor this for you, I think. There is a body that could be able to help you as well, call to ofcom, they could know what your rights are. I know that telephone is not an internet, but surely someone should be able to help and I am pretty sure that ofcom would know the answer. Please do not take this as certainty, as I really am not sure, but you might want to see if it works, you don't know if you don't ask..... Fingers crossed:hug:

Latest posts

Back