Interview and Sculptured Acrylics :-|

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterxdust

Reaction score
Hello everyone. i was here a few months ago but forgot my details so had to make a new account!

Anyway..i went for an interview at a beauty salon/hairdressers on friday and the lady has asked me to come back on tuesday to do a set of sculptured acrylics.

Ive never been perfect at sculpts as at college not many people could have them - had really short nails and had tips

So never really did that many. Managed to do about 4 sets but was only good the last time i did them.

Anyway im really worried about doing this because it really does depend how good they are as for getting the job!

I trained with NSI and the salon uses NSI which is good cs i know how to use that system.

Anybody got any tips just to refresh my memory?

Thanks girlies

Sammy. x

Make sure you get your forms fitting flush with the free edge, you don't need a lot of free edge to sculpt...form fitting is the real basis of getting your sculpting right.

Good luck!

Go grab someone,
anyone,
friends,
family,
neighbours,
strangers even and get practising this weekend and monday or use the faithful training hand that never says no if you have one,
get in as much practise as you can and if you are still not too confident on tuesday explain this to the owner and ask if you can do one hand sculpts and the other hand t&o so she can see your strengths as well as your weakness`s and don't worry too much,
all salon owners know that you are not going to do your best ever set of nails on a trade test,
good luck for tuesday hun :hug:

Thanks so much for the advice.
Im pretty good at fitting the form, just abit worried for the day because i will be abit nervous as she will be watching me!
I will explain to the lady that i am alot better at tips than sculptured.
Ive tried to get somebody to practice on but it seems impossible!
x

Working under pressure clears the mind....you will be fab!

i bloody hope so!
i hope she doesnt expect me to be finished in 2 hours..ive only managed to be as quick as 1 hour 1/2 :eek:
i am abit rubbish at doing the smile line with sculpts aswell..
nobody ever knew this when i was training but i fitted the forms on all the nails, did the white and waited until they were set then went over with a file so when i got to do the pink it was alot easier and looked neater and didnt have to file for as long at the end! (not that i should need to file for long if they are a good set they wont need alot of filing right)
not sure if i should do this incase 'its not allowed' what do you think?
x

Last edited:
No such thing as not allowed, as long as you are working safely do what ever it takes to get the end result,
remember to breath on the day hun lol
loads of geeks on here swear by rescue remedy when under pressure, just a thought :hug:

il try to remember this will be me haha
15.gif

sorry whats rescue remedy?
x

It is a herbal medicine that a lot of the other geeks swear is great for calming your nerves when in a tough situation,
if you use the search facility at the top of the page and just type in rescue remedy it should come up with loads of threads where all the geeks have been talking about how good it is,
i have never tried it so cant give you an opinion but it sure sounds like good stuff hth

Thanks hun
so it just works for calming nerves?
that would be good because i get nervous ALOT
x
280.gif
x

hi sammy-jane....when you go tuesday....think of it as your doing it for a friend so that you can be relaxed....like it has been said...make sure your form is under your fee edge and touching it so you dont get seepage.....work in smaller beeds so if you make a mistake...you can correct it better than working in bigger beeds....works for me....good luck ...you will be fine xxx

Latest posts

Back