Interview at Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatalieJ

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I wasn't sure whether to post this in main or chit chat but decided on here! I have only ever been to interviews in an office before so was wondering what to wear for a salon interview, whether to go in my own smart clothes or to go in salon uniform? What do all you geeks do? Or those geeks with a salon, how would you expect an interviewee (is that a word?) to turn up?

If you will be doing a models nails/the employers nails - wear a professional tunic... otherwise, I would say it would be perfectly fine to go in smart dress.

I hope you get the job xxx

When I went to interviews arranged through agencies they told me to preferably wear a suit or the smartest clothes I had (this is for beauty therapy not nail tec positon though). Are you doing a trade test at this first interview? If so I guess you could take uniform along and offer to change before doing the test.

I wore my uniform when I went for an interview at a salon, gives you a more professional appearance I think. Best of luck:)

I would say it depends if you are going to do a trade test.I would ring and ask if you will be required to do one at the interview or if you will have to come back to do one,as some salons request.If your going to do trade test then I would wear your uniform if its just an interview I would wear a smart outfit.Good luck chuck,either way.:hug:

Thanks for all the replys..

Im not sure whether I will be doing any nails, it wasn't mentioned when I arranged the interview but I could give them a call to find out, I think that would be best actually so I know!

NatalieJ said:
Thanks for all the replys..

Im not sure whether I will be doing any nails, it wasn't mentioned when I arranged the interview but I could give them a call to find out, I think that would be best actually so I know!

Hi

I am interviewing at the moment for a beauty therapist, what i do is first interviews for all applicants then arrange trade tests for the possibles.

For the first interview i expect smart clothing (NO JEANS!!)
For the trade test i would expect a uniform!

HTH

NatalieJ said:
Hi Everyone!

I wasn't sure whether to post this in main or chit chat but decided on here! I have only ever been to interviews in an office before so was wondering what to wear for a salon interview, :

Natalie
If you were coming to me for an interview I would expect you to be wearing something smart it could be a suit or something casual as long as you looked smart.
you wouldn't beleive the amount of girls caling into my salon that ask me for a job chewing gum ,showing their belly and bringing along their mates.
First Appearance counts for everything.
Then you would be required to be wearing uniform for your test at a later date.

Good luck with any interviews you have.

Ruby
Rubys Nailz & Beauty Studio

I'd expect you to turn up smartly dressed, why turn up in a uniform that may not be to my requirements ? My process involves checking you approach to me/the salon, having a brief look at your resume, then i like you to do a nail for me, in the long run it's about the work you can do, a bit of paper can say lots, but it's what ends up on a customers nail bed that concerns me, i know people with 20 years experience and they still build a surfboard and call it a nail.
Go with smart dress, but more importantly wear a smile.

Thanks for your replies, ill definately wear a smile as im so excited ha ha!

And thanks for all the good lucks! x x

Good luck hun, let us know how it goes xxxxx

Hello everyone :) found this v.helpful !! Have an interview & trade test on wednesday - my first one ever since leaving college in nov. Am worried about the painting... agghhhh

fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back