Interview,,help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEBSY

Reaction score
OK..i am soooooooooooooooooooo nervous now (but also excited) i qualified in September with Creative, did Next Step class,did Spa Manicure class,L&P does not agree with me at all,i felt sick,got headaches and sore/tight throat,so did a conversion to FABRIC which i love,,in all this time i have only mobiled but with not many clients and the ones i have are mostly family & friends.A friend of mines friend has a salon and she has just phoned me asking if i would be interested in working there,i told her i only do FABRIC but she is happy with that as i said i would be doing the Brisa conversion soon also,She wants me to go down on Saturday at 2.30 for a chat and to put her a set on,,wot i'm trying to say is anyone got any tips for me as i want to give a good impression,i don't know what arrangment it will be but my friend thinks it will be on a rental basis,what is a fair charge for this girls as i'm not sure so don't want to be paying over the odds! Also this may sound stupid but HOW SHOULD I HAVE MY NAILS,Do i stick with french,natural,i don't do airbrush but am not too bad at freehand nail art.or just keep it simple,don't want to go over the top! :eek: Any advice would be fab to help me nerves,,oooooeeeerrrrrrr :lol:

Bless u! CALM DOWN!!

I personally would go with a very neutral, natural French look. Mayb with a little subtle white nail art, but nothing too fussy. If you have any then mayb take some pics of your other nail art work with you? Or your nail art display board if you have one of those?

Try to relax and be natural - if this is to be a rental situation, then it sounds to me like less of an interview and more of an opportunity for you to both have a chat, for her to see your work and for HER to try to persuade YOU that her salon is good enough for you!!

Just make sure you stay relaxed and focused, do her nails the same way you would do anyone elses and just allow conversation to flow and take its course naturally.

& remember - if she is looking for you to rent space from her, then she probably needs you more than you need her, so you can go in with a certain amount of confidence. If this "interview" doesn't result in you renting there then it obviously wasn't meant to be. There will be other opportunities for you elsewhere. If it DOES result it her offering you the opportunity to rent then make sure you consider it carefully. Is it the right place for you? etc etc. Don't under-rate your abilities for a second.

I went from home/mobile to renting in a salon and was allowed to take on 3 days a week to start with (@ £80 a week inclusive) until I got busy enough to go full time (which only took about 3 weeks to get to!). I now pay £120 per week inclusive. Worth mentioning that I work in Stratford upon Avon though - it's not cheap here!

Best of luck, my lovely, and let us know how you get on!!

G. xx

If your smile lines are good wear a set of pink and whites - simple and sucessful - best of luck

I'm in the same boat Deb...i have my interview today at 5.15..! I have always workied in my studio at home but my hairdresser has told her friend that own's a salon and she asked if i would like to go and talk to her about working there 3 days a week...OMG i'm Sooooooo nervous.

Im going with pink and whites...looks the biz aint ott....;)

Good Luck Deb..i'l let u know how i got on!!

Vicky

Hey G, Thanks for that,i know your'e right it's not like she is employing me is it,but but she still wants someone she thinks is capable of being in her salon AND TO KEEP THEIR GOOD REPUTATION they do have a lot of clients for the hair and beauty she has only ever had one nail tech and she said she was rubbish so got rid,and now wants to try again as she says she has at least 2 calls a week asking if they do nails so i know the potential is there and i need to be confident in myself,I CAN DO THIS IS WOT I AM SAYING TO MYSELF,but it don't stop the nerves,,that is fantastic you got to do full time in just 3 weeks,hope that works for me too,if i get it that is?

And Vicky all the best for 5.15 please let me know how you got on

Is there anyone out there working in my area that can advise me on the rental charges?

Hi Debsy

There's quite a few of us 'Debs' out here:biggrin: .

There have been some very good posts recently, about this subject of rental etc so do a search and see what you find. (Type in business, rental and similar terms)

The advice so far is great, I personally would go with the french look, but some nail art on your ring finger would be great. Taking along any of your portfolio from college or other courses may be useful, if for nothing else than to give you some paperwork to carry and feel like a real business woman!!!

I always carry a briefcase to contain my stuff; I find it really empowers me:D :D :D

Good luck and have confidence!

Thanks Debbie thats good advice about the paperwork,thought i would take my certificates along,don't have a briefcase,don't suppose an ASDA bag would look very professional would it :lol: (only joking) And yes i think i will put some art on my ringless finger,,,,,,,,don't know if we got cross wires but when i said anyone in my area i meant in my area as postal area,west yorkshire...........i'm getting good advice thankyou,,keep it coming though please. :)

Just to let you all Deb that i have to call the salon on Monday to let them know if i'd like the post. What should a girl do...!!!! lol

I can work 3 days a week, have a beautiful area to work in, they will pay for advertising and have a BIG glass display cab so sell stock.

I can't wait.....so excited WooooHoooo :biggrin:
Hope yours goes well Deb, let me know.

Vicky x

vicky said:
Just to let you all Deb that i have to call the salon on Monday to let them know if i'd like the post. What should a girl do...!!!! lol

I can work 3 days a week, have a beautiful area to work in, they will pay for advertising and have a BIG glass display cab so sell stock.

Vicky x
Well done Vicky, I bet you are tickled pink xxxxx

Congratulations Vicky

Debsy your next !

kx

vicky said:

Vicky x

WELL DONE VICKY guess you'll be saying "yes please" then on monday,sounds a really nice place to work in,,i am still nervous about saturday and just wish it would hurry up,,,,,,,,i so hope i will be letting you all know i got it,,,if i'm not on the site for a while after you'll know why,,,,,,here i go again,lacking the confidence :o ,,,,I CAN DO IT,I CAN DO IT,WELL WE'LL SOON FIND OUT :lol:

May i suggest that you take some Rescue Remedy to calm your nerves? It's a very safe gentle natural remedy, which is not sedative, and very helpful for interviews and exams etc. You can get it from health food shops.

Good luck for today Debs....we'l all be thinking of you and sending you some good vibes for that perfect set of nails your gonna do..:)

Let us know how you get on....!

Vicky xx

Well done Vicky!

Good luck Debs, we'll be thinking of you this afternoon, you'll be fine! Don't forget to let us know!

Suey x

well done vicky , bet you cant wait to start :)

good luck today debs,i am sure you will really impress them,stay cool :cool: love dee

Where are you debsy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back